RA Thread of the Year & Hall of Fame - Nominations (Read 512 times)

And for a genuine and sincere 2013 TOY nominee, McMillan's "new" paces.

We actually talked training, people of various experience levels and abilities contributed, and nobody perceived anybody else of calling them a murderer (that I can find.)

Runners run

Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

I am quite thankful for this thread. I had missed the Redbird ticketing thread and am enjoying it now, especially since I live in IL. I must say that I can't imagine running in cut off jeans for one second.... Shocked

MTA: And the Nelson Mandela reference....wow.....

TRUST THE PROCESS

Kalsarikännit

genuine and sincere

In the 'ol genuine and sincere category, I have to say the Before and Now thread has to be the best thing going. Those pictures amaze me.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Thank you so much for this thread! The tendon issues I've been having in my right foot kept me from running last night so I read: The time sport jester trolled RA by posting a photo of caveman footprints

That on deserved a HOF nomination, well done!

xhristopher

And are threads in groups in play here? At least half of the true drop-the-gloves donnybrooks that I remember took place in the swamp.

I've read back through some of those and agree there were some memorable adventures. For now, I'd say let's keep this to the main forum. Not that there aren't instant HOF nominations in there that are worthwhile for everyone to read. For example, the 128 page Training Thread.

Biking Bad

finnegan begin again

"... the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value..."  Thomas Paine Dec 23, 1776 The Crisis 

Adversity is the first path to truth. Lord Byron

"No one plans to fail…..they fail to plan" Skinny Pete

xhristopher

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Excellent nominations.  I have missed a few of the threads, and really don't know that I should give up any more hours of my life reading them.

L Train

The threads are good, but I've discovered that they are mostly not as entertaining as when they occur in real time.  Probably like how watching the entirety of The Wire in a 3 week span probably isn't as fulfilling as waiting between episodes and seasons.  Sometimes it works the other way, though, when you see a post from someone you didn't know then but do know now.  Maybe like going back to see Fast Times at Ridgemont High and saying "Hey, that's Nicolas Cage!"

Feeling the growl again

nobody perceived anybody else of calling them a murderer (that I can find.)

I would have thought your reading comprehension would have caught up by now but I guess it is still racing  with your ability to convey sarcasm.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

L Train

I went back and read that thread again and I still don't see where anyone perceived that they were being called a murderer.

Kalsarikännit

The threads are good, but I've discovered that they are mostly not as entertaining as when they occur in real time.  

L Trainwreck is right.

I've been waiting years for this moment. This may now be my favorite thread ever.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Tiefsa

Suppose I was so ignorant that I didn't know what April 20th was? And suppose you were gonna tell me? What would you say?

Umm...  It might be hazy that day.

bas.

What about "The gym is a freak show"?  Has anyone mentioned that yet?   I was just looking for it the other day.  Fantastic!

I would have thought your reading comprehension would have caught up by now but I guess it is still racing  with your ability to convey sarcasm.

Did I miss it AGAIN?? Shit.

Runners run