Commit to a sub-4 marathon in 2011 -- then run it (Read 4265 times)

Pretty sure I have everyone now.  Please let me know if otherwise.

Welcome everyone.

CyclingAHEAD until 2012

Thanks Big Boy - makes it a much realer commitment seeing the name up there on the list!

Just running for the fun of it!

fake it till you make it

Have a great race this weekend runnerclay

Hi, I just joined the group. 

Running Georgia Marathon on March 20th. 

Have a great weekend, everyone! 

empty1971

Pretty sure I have everyone now.  Please let me know if otherwise.

Welcome everyone.

Is it too late to jump in?

I just signed up for the San Francisco Marathon on July 31, 2011. 

This will be my first marathon and I would love to break 4:00:00.  Running my first Half Marathon (Bidwell Classic in Chico, CA) in one week.  Looking forward to the support of the community.

http://worththehurt.blogspot.com/

No.  The cut-off date for joining isn't until December 31st, 2011 Smile

I'll add both of you this afteroon, welcome to the group.

CyclingAHEAD until 2012

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

4:40:20 (trail) Negative split. 2 AG

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Okay, earlier I said I'm afraid of commitment, but what the heck, here goes.  Lincoln Marathon May 1.

Must be nice to have a marathon named after you.

runnerclay, looks like a great run (I read your report) despite missing the sub-4.

Everything is updated, sorry for being late.  My life is a blur.

CyclingAHEAD until 2012

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Must be nice to have a marathon named after you.

As politicians say when they win an election and their heads are swelling off their shoulders, "I'm deeply humbled."

I'd love to jump in, too if I may!  I'm running marine corps marathon on 10/30/11.  Def want to run sub 4.  Last marathon was run with late stage III cancer and I didn't even know it!  I ran my first and only other marathon, 2009 Niagara Fall International in 4:02:27. 

duckman

The Irreverent Reverend

I'm pretty psyched - I ran 21.3 miles in 3:02:28 the other day (workout details here), and felt that I could have kept going at or near pace for five more miles!  if I run like that on race day (three weeks from now - March 26, National Marathon in DC), I'll be clear of 4:00.  Of course, everything was just perfect for that run - good nutrition the day before, good sleep, great cool weather, and legs just felt great from the start. My previous few long runs were not as strong, but this one was just great.

This run showed me that I can do it, if everything is going right for me. What a confidence booster that was! I hope you all have such training runs!

Husband. Father of three. Lutheran pastor. National Guardsman. Runner. Political junkie. Baseball fan.

Thread updated, welcome both of you.

CyclingAHEAD until 2012

Turbolegs

So far so good.

Ran Tokyo marathon last Sunday. And was super thrilled to complete it in 4:26:47. A slight + to this is the fact that for some strange reason, i had a bib number that had me start at the last corral and so i spent quite a bit of the first few kms weaving in and out. My garmin clocked 43.05kms for the run and showed that i crossed 42.2kms at 4:21:57. And while i know GPS devices can be temperamental, i can live with this as i know i didnt run the most optimal path along the race route.

This week is for slacking .. and also making my 15-16 week marathon training plan for Gold Coast, which is my target marathon to break Sub 4. At this point in time, it sounds a little too ambitious for me to even think about doing it, but i am sure a few weeks into training will make me more confident. Have signed up for a tune-up half marathon 4 weeks out from the race as part of the training. 

All the best to folks who have their target marathons coming up soon. 

I dont sweat. I ooze liquid awesome.

I'm pretty psyched - I ran 21.3 miles in 3:02:28 the other day (workout details here), and felt that I could have kept going at or near pace for five more miles!  if I run like that on race day (three weeks from now - March 26, National Marathon in DC), I'll be clear of 4:00.  Of course, everything was just perfect for that run - good nutrition the day before, good sleep, great cool weather, and legs just felt great from the start. My previous few long runs were not as strong, but this one was just great.

This run showed me that I can do it, if everything is going right for me. What a confidence booster that was! I hope you all have such training runs!

Good run Chris, well done. Nice pace throughout

“Attitude is the Difference Between an Ordeal and an Adventure”

Goals 2016

Do stuff