Stupid Rain (Read 2114 times)

Haha, this is like when you made fun of my fallback week question, then felt bad and gave me a straight answer.  But it's kind of not fair.  I had to make you laugh first. 

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

xor

Oh man.  I didn't think about that approach.

Yes, definitely.  If you were seriously considering wearing a bag on each foot, do not do this.  Even if the prediction is for monsoon-ish driving rain that floods all of northern kentucky***.

*** Which would suck.  One of my dear friends lives in Highland Heights/Covington and that would be bad.

ymmv

People would kill for 58 and rain. And if it's warmer than that you'll be begging for some rain.

yeah. 58 with 100% humidity and you'll be pouring water on yourself to try to cool down.

don't your feet sweat? my feet are never dry, rain or shine.

C-R

Trails and mud are fun.

The Pig is aptly named and I have some corn to shuck here.

WWE has nothing on RA.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Trails and mud are fun.

The Pig is aptly named and I have some corn to shuck here.

WWE has nothing on RA.

What the dickens is a WWE?

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

xor

Well, it used to be WWF until the World Wildlife Federation got pissed.

Anyway.

wrasslin.

(pssst.  Professional wrestling ain't real.)

Prince of Fatness

(pssst.  Professional wrestling ain't real.)

At least Santa Claus is real though.  Right?

Not at it at all. 

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

C-R

"
                    What the dickens is a WWE?
                    "

GETM

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Scout7

For the Flying PIG this weekend they are calling for a low of 58 with wind and most likely rain.  I refuse to let the weather get in the way of my BQ.  I am going to wear my sleveless tech shirt and I am going to wear my tri shorts and race ready shorts over that.  Throw a hat on and all that is left are the feet. 

Now I could wear a pair of socks, gallon baggie and then another pair of socks to try and keep my feet dry.  I've done this before and it works out okay.  A little noisy though.  Throw a ton of body glide on the feet and hope for the best.  Anyone got any better suggestions or stories of what worked for them or did not work?

You sound like a triathlete.

It's water.  Suck it up.  Everyone will be wet, too.

"run" "2" "eat"

i scotch-guarded my shoes before a marathon where all-day rain was predicted, and my feet really stayed nice & dry. of course, it turned out that it didn't rain.

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

Imminent Catastrophe

I think Bearcat is thinking it might be a good idea to put on one sock, then put a plastic bag over his foot, then put on another sock.  I'd love to be wrong about this.  I don't think I am.

You'd be better off wearing galoshes.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

xor

Especially a Hungarian galosh.

I think SmartWool socks are great in rain. My feet get wet but they don't bother me. But I've also never ran more than 8 miles with wet socks/shoes (or dry, come to think of it).
                              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I think SmartWool socks are great in rain. My feet get wet but they don't bother me. But I've also never ran more than 8 miles with wet socks/shoes (or dry, come to think of it).

I ran a soaking 18 miles in Smartwools last Summer.  They were perfect.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay