Stupid Rain (Read 2114 times)

Whatever, lets race. 

My thoughts exactly. 

nothing to see here.  

Same as everything else you've listed, why the tri shorts? Why would you want a wet pad between your legs the whole race? Tri shorts are used in Tri's because when your on the bike, the pad dries quickly, but you should know this.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

flovesparko

Bearcatrunner,  I have to agree with Sweeter and Zoom-zoom about the smartwool socks.  I was nervous about running my first trail marathon last December in Indiana because the course description  listed numerous stream  crossings.(approx 50).   I had always developed blisters after running in the rain.  After running for near four hours with extreme terrain, I never got a blister with the wool socks.   The temperature never got above 28F, feet were a little cold at times but nothing none of us can't handle.   Equally as important as the wool socks are to have shoes that are NOT gor-tex or waterproof at all.  The water has to come out of the shoe easily.  I got the shoe and sock advice from numerous friends that do trail running and it works.   I would go with the thinnest wool socks you feel comfortable with or the thickness that comes closest to the sock you wear now.
        xor

I was giving you the benefit of the doubt about wearing bags on your feet.

Come on, dude.  Really?

If you are running, there is absolutely no time that wearing a bag on a foot would be good.  And.  58!  That's the low!  Not -58.

The race is in 5 days.  Don't switch socks now.  You have just as big a chance of getting blisters from trying a new type of sock as you do from using your tried-and-true socks in wet conditions.  If you still want to switch socks, then get them TODAY and run in them a few times.  Including in wet.  Perhaps have someone spray you with a hose or something.

You want a singlet and shorts.  One sock on each foot.  A visor or a hat.  (and this is coming from Island Boy who will usually be in 2-3 shirts at races)

And no tri shorts unless you've trained in them.  What the heck is the point of the tri shorts?  Is it about thigh chafing?  But if you've trained with them, then same as socks... don't switch now.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

And BCR, if you do get blisters, suck it up and keep running.  Blisters may hurt, but they are not dangerous.
            Purdey

Self anointed title

Seriously?  I don't get this. 

Come and race in England.  We start to worry when we have a dry race.

ymmv

Seriously?  I don't get this. 

Come and race in England.  We start to worry when we have a dry race.

i've heard that even the banker never wears a mac

Purdey

Self anointed title

Who are you calling a banker?

and... what the knickers are you talking about?

jfa

Mat. I believe you meant a mat.

L Train

You mis-typed. I think you mean't to say "banker".
                      xor

Purdey is a moderator too!!!!

L Train

Clearly I'm confused.

xor

Clearly I'm confused.

Take off the mack or mac or mat.  Things will be less confusing.

Things will be less confusing.

And read a book. It'll rip your life away, but it's a great escape. 

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

L Train

Or perhaps I should listen to some Beatles music.