I am running again, an introduction too. (Read 623 times)

Jeffrey

Hello, Just found this site last night. Thanks for building runningahead.com Eric! Here is some background on me: from about age 16-25 I ran and cycled quite a bit. I competed in community 5k/10k running races and a variety of run-bike and run-bike-run biathlon events. I really enjoyed cycling long distances and accomplished a number of centuries and a double century. Age 26-36 I trailed off on my exercise regimen. Age 36-40 I began building out my home gym roughly 5 years ago (elliptical trainer, stationary bike) and slowly got back into an exercise routine. I began cycling again in 2004. It was nice to put in some miles on the road again however I still missed running - a lot. I bought a treadmill in April of this year and slowly began to put time in; 15 or 20 minutes is all I would do for the first few weeks. I started my outdoor running slowly at first with 3 mile loops around the neighborhood eventually building up to 6 mile loops. I have been gradually increasing my mileage over the weeks as well as increasing my hills. I know my self/body well enough to realize too-much too-soon can be detrimental so I am trying hard to be incremental about each phase of my exercise routine. I started a log on this site to get less sloppy about my training. The handwritten notes in a variety of places was working, to a certain extent, but overuse injuries scare me. I gave myself a goal to run in the Seattle Half Marathon November 26. I want to keep it simple and run it - not race it. Currently I run in the 9:30 per mile range. Thanks, Jeffrey.

Princess Cancer Pants

Hi, Jeffrey. Sounds like you are taking a great approach to getting "back in the saddle." Nice to have you here. Smile k

'17 Goals:

• Chemo

• Chemo-Radiation

• Surgery

• Return to kicking my own ass by 2018

She was not strong. She was valiant. Radiant. Brave and broken. The beauty she discovered in the aftermath was unparalleled to anything she had known before, because it had come at such a cost.

~ Unknown

Hiya Squidboy!
        E-mail: JakeKnight2002@aol.com
        -----------------------------