Custom Splits in RA (Read 1424 times)

e454545rt

Does anyone know if RA allows you to view splits based off of the GPS data?

I know in Sportstracks you can view whatever split you want, 1 mile, 2 mile, 1k, 5k, etc...I'm guessing it just locates the GPS point from that distance and gives you the time.

Is this something you can do in RA? I've been looking around but can't find it.

HermosaBoy

To the best of my knowledge this is not an option that is currently available.

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

e454545rt

To the best of my knowledge this is not an option that is currently available.

I didn't think so but I figured I'd throw it out there in case I was missing something.

That would be a neat feature to have.

No, this has been brought up before but is not available yet...

Does anyone know if RA allows you to view splits based off of the GPS data?

I know in Sportstracks you can view whatever split you want, 1 mile, 2 mile, 1k, 5k, etc...I'm guessing it just locates the GPS point from that distance and gives you the time.

Is this something you can do in RA? I've been looking around but can't find it.

Somewhat similar to http://www.runningahead.com/forums/topic/9017c15b4929467fb3ce38390f2e9694/0.

If you look down to the last post you'll see a link to very quick and dirty script that I made that'll do it for tcx files, assuming you want even splits. (And you can always use gpsbabel to convert to tcx.) 

I discussed this with Eric on a recent run, because I had turned autolap off for a track workout.  My next training run was one 23 mile lap on the Boston course, which kinda sucks.  Eric mentioned that it might be a future enhancement of RA functionality, it would be a nice addition.

E.J.
              Greater Lowell Road Runners
              Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

I discussed this with Eric on a recent run, because I had turned autolap off for a track workout.  My next training run was one 23 mile lap on the Boston course, which kinda sucks.  Eric mentioned that it might be a future enhancement of RA functionality, it would be a nice addition.

BadDawg, download the trial version of SportTracks software, they can get you the splits you want for your 23 mile Boston lap.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

BadDawg, download the trial version of SportTracks software, they can get you the splits you want for your 23 mile Boston lap.

Thanks, I'll give it a try!

E.J.
                  Greater Lowell Road Runners
                  Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.