Nike Free (Read 4248 times)

bdub

Shoe Alarmist

Wow - that photo looks like a manufacturing defect to me, maybe not stitched/glued right??

It was a rip in the mesh very near the sole but not a separation from the sole.  It looks like I took a knife and slashed it.  Its companion shoe had severe wear in the same place and appeared to be just a few miles away from splitting on the outside as well.  If nobody else has encountered a similar tear with the shoe - I may just have a goofy foot-strike.  Or sharp socks. 

Half Fanatic #846

What happened to your a, brefootbill?

What happened to the other r, srlopez? Wink

It's a takeoff on Brother Bill sorta like Br'er Rabbit, yet sounds like Barefoot Bill (I think there are several "barefoot  bills" out there -  not on RA).  And, I'm lazy, so no Caps or apostrophe.

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.         "Frankly autocorrect, I'm getting a bit tired of your shirt".                  I ran half my last race on my left foot!                                  

xhristopher

This thread reminds me of this classic thread, over at letsrun. NIKE FREE ME's posts begin on page 3.

Thanks. Here's a gem I found on that thread.

My four rules that have led me to success!
        ----------------------------------------
        1. Don't lift weights

b. don't ever stretch

3. eat only two meals a day, plus a snack of 3-5 beers each night for carb purposes only

4. run 18-22 miles a day

I'm willing to give up a meal, perhaps breakfast if substituted with brunch or a big linner, especially if I can compensate for the loss by drinking even more beer.

Half Fanatic #846

I may just have ... sharp socks. 

Heck, nobody has ever complimented  me  on my socks before, but you probably do have some pretty sharp socks.

BTW, no photo necessary.

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.         "Frankly autocorrect, I'm getting a bit tired of your shirt".                  I ran half my last race on my left foot!                                  

MrH

I almost 500 miles on a pair of Frees and the fabric is looking worn thin in one spot on the outside of the left foot. My feet are wide so it may be a factor.

YMMV, but for many, wearing Frees everyday and for long runs will not cause problems if you build up to it.

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

xor

What happened to the other r, srlopez? Wink

It's a takeoff on Brother Bill sorta like Br'er Rabbit, yet sounds like Barefoot Bill (I think there are several "barefoot  bills" out there -  not on RA).  And, I'm lazy, so no Caps or apostrophe.

There are indeed several barefoot bills.

There is no missing r in srlopez, but you have a surplus r.  So perhaps that is where it is.  I see that I missed it when I wrote your name, though. I suck.

trading an 'a' for an 'r' is somewhat piratic.  yar.