Garmin FR620 - usage questions (Read 70 times)

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

As mentioned, I've loved my 610 for a good long while.  But now I have a 620 on my wrist.  The screen is harder to read (contrast), but "meh", I'll deal.

One thing that does bug me is that whenever I hit "STOP" it prompts me to save the workout.  95% of the time this is not what I want to look at when I hit stop.  Instead, I'd like to just see one of my current training displays (lap-time usually, since it's handy for interval workouts).  That was the default behavior for the 610.  I know I can use the "back" arrow to see that screen -- if I don't fat-finger the "save" button instead.  Does anyone know if it's possible to alter the 620 so it resembles the 610's workflow in this way?

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

mikeymike

On the 220 you hit the back/lap button to see the current training display. Probably the same on the 620.

Runners run

delicate flower

My 920 does the same thing, and what mikey said works.

<3

xhristopher

I progressed from the 610 to 220 to 620 and have missed the default 610 behavior too. I just learned to live without it and never realized you could hit the "back" arrow. I'll probably not do that because I'm certain to fat finger it too. The lap button just creates a new lap and is of no use.

I think you are up the creek.

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

I think you are up the creek.

Hmm.  Yeah, it created a new split . . .which of course resets the Lap Time etc.  Not what I want.

Grrr.  This is dumb.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

LRB

Hmm.  Yeah, it created a new split . . .which of course resets the Lap Time etc.  Not what I want.

Grrr.  This is dumb.

You've probably figured this out by now, but it's the arrow-back icon on the left-hand side of the watch face that let's you view the run details from the save screen. Once you do that, you can then see other details (depending on how many screens you have set up) by tapping the watch face up or down. You can also swipe the face up or down.