Worst way to run - phone edition (Read 311 times)

OnYouGoods

What do you do with your phone?  I hate using an armband because I want to change songs/check my times constantly.

Leave it at home or in a pocket - usually pants, but may be a pack or shell.

My phone is more of an attachment to my camera. At least the camera gets used a lot more.

"So many people get stuck in the routine of life that their dreams waste away. This is about living the dream." - Cave Dog
      OnYouGoods

AKTrail, how often would you say you take pictures while out for a run?  Do a lot of people do this?

npaden

I used to use an arm pocket but switched to a belt.  I like the belt a lot better.  Here's the one I use.

http://www.fitletic.com/running-belts/neoprene-single-pouch-w-race-number-holder.html

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

Slo

I have never ran with my phone.

Fanilow

Spibelt.

2014 goals

Well, there's always next year.

OnYouGoods

I used to use an arm pocket but switched to a belt.  I like the belt a lot better.  Here's the one I use.

http://www.fitletic.com/running-belts/neoprene-single-pouch-w-race-number-holder.html

Was it because the armband came loose or was otherwise uncomfortable?  How happy are you with the belt?

OnYouGoods

Spibelt.

Have you tried any other brands of belt?

I enjoy keeping my phone in an empty Spam can.

Fanilow

Have you tried any other brands of belt?

No, i had an armband but when i got a new phone, the armband was too small. I had heard good things about spibelt and i really like it. Stays put...phone fits along with keys and a gel or two.

2014 goals

OnYouGoods

No, i had an armband but when i got a new phone, the armband was too small. I had heard good things about spibelt and i really like it. Stays put...phone fits along with keys and a gel or two.

Awesome, seems like you found a good solution.  Do you ever need to get your phone out of the spibelt while running?  I'm worried that I won't be able to switch songs if my phone is zipped into a pouch.  Also, how happy were you with the armband before?

an amazing likeness

I enjoy keeping my phone in an empty Spam can.

As usual...the skiff-donkey is wise...should we reply to your same spam on:

Ruunersworld?

Letsrun?

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Fanilow

Awesome, seems like you found a good solution.  Do you ever need to get your phone out of the spibelt while running?  I'm worried that I won't be able to switch songs if my phone is zipped into a pouch.  Also, how happy were you with the armband before?

I could not get my phone out of the armband easily. The belt is much easier. I only take my phone if i am running alone and I  don't normally need to take it out for anything, but once in a while I need to text my husband or something like that. Much easier with the belt. Also, the armband made my arm sweaty underneath. It served its purpose, but i like the belt better.

2014 goals

jfa

As usual...the skiff-donkey is wise...should we reply to your same spam on:

Ruunersworld?

Letsrun?

That really is one wise ass.

I detect some degree of consistency here. Something on a subliminal level, perhaps.

AKTrail, how often would you say you take pictures while out for a run?  Do a lot of people do this?

If I remember the camera, then at least 50% of the runs have at least some pictures taken on them - some just a couple, others 20 or more. I probably remember my camera about 50% of the time. I happen to live and run in a cool place. My avatar is from my favorite HM.

Judging from the number of pictures and videos I see of my friends on FB, I'd say that's about average. (I might add that one of those guys is a course record holder for a couple winter races, but knows how to prioritize life.)

How often has my phone been used on a run - 0 times. How often do I use a phone - cell or land - very rarely. email is preferred way of communication so I don't interrupt someone else and they don't interrupt me.

I occasionally email a land manager about a downed tree from the parking lot and maybe once or twice 2 years ago.

"So many people get stuck in the routine of life that their dreams waste away. This is about living the dream." - Cave Dog