Suggest some running pants (Read 1103 times)

I need some running pants. I have some tights that I use on my training runs but those are in the dark. I have a couple of winter races coming up and if it is cold enough I'll want to wear something on my legs. Being that the races will be in the day light, I'm not too keen on wearing tights. I need some suggestions on pants. I'm running in the South so it doesn't get that cold here so they don't have to be insulated. I need some that are light, tapered at the ankle, and that come with a relatively short inseam. Any ideas?
      Are you sure you need anything warmer than shorts? Check out what these people are wearing in AL for a 50K race in January.... http://www.flickr.com/photos/getguts/2229493086/in/set-72157603815285567/ Might give you some ideas.
      seeEricaRun

Awesome

Deleted.
          My gear consists mainly of NB and C9 (by Champion and sold at Target), and I'm happy with both. I just found some C9 DuoDry pants and I've given them a couple of test runs. They aren't really very tapered at the ankle though, because they don't have the zippers that allow them to go on/off over your shoes. The C9 stuff tends to be very reasonably priced, and so far all of it has held up very well. Only problem is they change their stock very quickly, if you see something you like GRAB IT. It probably won't be there on your next visit to Target.

E.J.
          Greater Lowell Road Runners
          Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Spencer Davis

Tights + longer shorts. I know you said you don't want to wear them but really i haven't would anything as comfortable to run in. Maybe im just used to them being a xc skier, full spandex pants lol.
            Tyler S

cheapest ones on this site that taper http://www.runningwarehouse.com/descpageMRA-SMBSTP.html
                I saw those at the local Fleet Feet on Sat. Those may do it.
                gooddogs74

I have a pair of long Nike pants that are slightly fitted but not tight--they change their styles so much though I'm sure you couldn't find the exact ones. I got them at Sports Authority, so you might look there. I did have to have them hemmed though--I'm 5 foot 2, everything is hemmed, but my seamstress looked at me a little funny when I brought those in!
                    I live in TN and wear shorts year round, but basically you just described One More Mile's "Not So Tights". https://www.onemoremilerunning.com/not-so-tights/wick-lite-micro-fleece-not-so-tights/prod_161.html
                    For message board success, follow these three easy steps in the correct order: 1) Read, 2) Comprehend, 3) Post.

Life is Good

I have a couple of the nike dri-fit running pants and I really like them, You can probably get them at most sporting goods store, I happen to use Dick's sports a lot, Dick's sports "store brand" is good and when on sale a whole lot cheaper.

Run 1000 miles

bike 500 miles

finish a half Ironman triathlon

Warrior dash 2012

Chickamauga battlefield half 2012

and a few small races in between

I'm a big fan of the Adidas Astro pants for two reasons: 1) Tapered/zipper ankle 2) Zipered pockets.

Go to http://certainintelligence.blogspot.com for my blog.

I live in Charlotte, and basically a wimp regarding cold weather, but I have discovered your legs are never too cold, and I have run in about 25 degree weather in shorts. They get plenty warm in about a mile Its my face and hands that need to be covered for thoser rare days it gets colder than 35 degrees around here. Maybe a long sleeve compression shirt underneath a regular running shirt and gloves are almost all I need

#artbydmcbride

I'd still recommend wearing pants. Wink

Runners run

I'd still recommend wearing pants. Wink
                              Almost is the key word Big grin

#artbydmcbride

Big grin

Runners run