Sub 1:30 Half Marathon 2021 Edition (Read 448 times)

JMac11

RIP Milkman

Guess my 2:36 is gone too since I only ran 25 miles. Oh well.

I did sign up for it again though. I also signed up for Indy. Won't make a decision on which one I'm running until much later in the year.

5K: 16:37 (11/20)  |  10K: 34:49 (10/19)  |  HM: 1:14:57 (5/22)  |  FM: 2:36:31 (12/19) 

darkwave

Mother of Cats

Mick yes looks like they do ladies and men's in the same shoes.

Yup - if you are a woman you have to do math and figure out which men's size works for you.

This minor annoyance is compounded by the fact that they don't make as many shoes in the smaller sizes that women with small feet wear (I am a size 5.5 to 6 in men's shoes).

I get annoyed that I often have to browse through both the men's and women's sides of a running shoe store website when shoe shopping - if they are carrying the Next% for example, they may show it on the women's side as "unisex" or they may just not show it at all.

It's a first-world-internet-shopping-with-disposable-income problem.

Everyone's gotta running blog; I'm the only one with a POOL-RUNNING blog.

And...if you want a running Instagram where all the pictures are of cats, I've got you covered.

CommanderKeen

Cobra Commander Keen

Zebano - "OK Runner" is the name of my favorite LRS. Those were group runs - "OK" being the postal abbreviation for Oklahoma. Thanks for the vote of confidence, though!

JMac - I'm also considering signing up for Indy and deciding whether to run that or CIM later on.

The opening km of my race well may have been a detrimental factor in my race. I'm getting a lot more racing experience in short order compared to what I typically have (covid or no), which will hopefully help out down the road.

Front page should be properly up-to-date again. Let me know if that's not the case.

5k: 17:58 11/22 │ 10k: 37:55 9/21 │ HM: 1:23:22 4/22 │ M: 2:56:05 12/22

Upcoming Races:

Happy Birthday Mark 

Hope everyone had a Great day

PR's

1m  5:38 (2018)

5k    19:59 (2019)

HM  1:33:56 (2018)

FM  3:23:07 (2018)

Happy 40th Mark, still just a puppy 🐶

I will be in Parnell Sat and Sunday 

55+ PBs 5k 18:36 June 3rd TT

" If you don't use it you lose it,  but if you use it, it wears out.

Somewhere in between is about right "      

Marky_Mark_17

Haha birthday is actually tomorrow.  When I posted "That run which was the last of my 30's" that was because today is my last day of being 39.

Anyway thanks very much everyone, looking forward to a day (mostly) off work tomorrow hanging out with the family.

Darkwave - if it's a unisex shoe (like the Next%) I don't see why they can't list it simultaneously as the equivalent mens and womens sizes?  I wouldn't have thought it was that hard to do.  It actually looks like they might be doing just that with the Alphafly on the Nike website now.

Lawyers and doctors - I'm a fully qualified lawyer but don't hold a current practicing certificate.  My legal career last around 4 months (it was definitely not my thing).

Piwi - nice one.  Would be keen to catch up but my weekend is a bit busy.  I might be able to swing by and do my LR in town on Sun morning but would need to be early.  I'll need to check with the Department of Wife as to when I'd need to be back home by on Sunday.

3,000m: 9:07.7 (Nov-21) | 5,000m: 15:39 (Dec-19) | 10,000m: 32:34 (Mar-20)  

10km: 33:15 (Sep-19) | HM: 1:09:41 (May-21)* | FM: 2:41:41 (Oct-20)

* Net downhill course

Last race: Maraetai HM, 10 Mar, DNF

Up next: Waterfront HM, 7 Apr

"CONSISTENCY IS KING"

JMac11

RIP Milkman

Now you're actually a master, not that nonsense you guys overseas try to claim at 35 

Alpha Fly - I was starting to look into buying some new shoes for my upcoming marathon cycle. It sounds like the Alpha Fly may have been a bust. I will post a new topic out there, if you have experience / know anything, please post your wisdom!

5K: 16:37 (11/20)  |  10K: 34:49 (10/19)  |  HM: 1:14:57 (5/22)  |  FM: 2:36:31 (12/19) 

Mark no worries whatever suits. A lawyer too ! Damn there's some brains on this forum 

Jmac I wouldn't say the Alphafly is a bust but it does seem to be a marathon only shoe and hasn't really reached anything near the popularity of the Vaporfly. It doesn't help that it looks like a spaceship 

55+ PBs 5k 18:36 June 3rd TT

" If you don't use it you lose it,  but if you use it, it wears out.

Somewhere in between is about right "      

Running Problem

Problem Child

Guess my 2:36 is gone too since I only ran 25 miles. Oh well.

I did sign up for it again though. I also signed up for Indy. Won't make a decision on which one I'm running until much later in the year.

Family trip or just you?

edit: so now we have two lawyers and an accountant. Is there a doctor in the house?

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

5k18:xx | Marathon 2:55:22

watsonc123

The Alpha Fly is probably similar to the Adios Pro, in that some people find it great, some really bad.

PRs: 5km 18:43 (Dec 2015), 10km 39:59 (Sep 2020), half 1:26:16 (Sep 2016), full 3:09:28 (Jun 2015)

40+ PRs: 5km 19:31 (Oct 2020), 10km 39:59 (Sep 2020), half 1:29:39 (Jun 2018), full 3:13:55 (Sep 2022)

2023 PRs (hope to beat in 2024): 5km 20:34, 10km 41:37, half 1:32:32, full 3:21:05

2024 PRs: 5km 20:25

Marky_Mark_17

Mark no worries whatever suits. A lawyer too ! Damn there's some brains on this forum 

Damn I just remembered Waterfront Half is on Sunday.  So that whole area around the bottom end of Parnell and town is likely to be a complete mess.  Might have to pass this time around sorry!

* Net downhill course

"CONSISTENCY IS KING"

flavio80

Intl. correspondent

I AM A MEME FACTORY 

To be fair, I mentioned lawyers and doctors cause those are historically the big money careers.

Pfft, CIM is nothing, there's this half marathon in New Zealand where you parachute into the finish line 

Day one of doing nothing passed with flying colors. Managed a good night of sleep which is always a great thing (and we only realize its value after having a bad one).

A few more to follow now...

RP - are you the accountant? Cause we're going to need someone to tally doctors on the credit column and lawyers on the debit column...

PRs: 1500 4:54.1 2019 - 5K 17:53 2023 - 10K 37:55 2023 - HM 1:21:59 2021

Up next: no idea

Tool to generate Strava weekly

Marky_Mark_17

Pfft, CIM is nothing, there's this half marathon in New Zealand where you parachute into the finish line 

Yeah JMac checked that one and it’s 21.05km so probably short and doesn’t count.

* Net downhill course

"CONSISTENCY IS KING"

darkwave

Mother of Cats

Family trip or just you?

edit: so now we have two lawyers and an accountant. Is there a doctor in the house?

Rovatti.

And...if you want a running Instagram where all the pictures are of cats, I've got you covered.

darkwave

Mother of Cats

Also, happy birthday and masters welcome to Mark.

(Runners are the only people I know ecstatic about turning 40.)