A Lame Request (Read 874 times)

JakeKnight

It may be lame indeed, but is there any way you could make it so that when messages are added to "pinned" threads, there's an indicator that a new message is there? I just realized I've missed several posts because I didn't see the little star thingie next to the pinned threads. Thanks!

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
    -----------------------------

Wingz

Professional Noob

The thumbtack changes color when there's a new post. Smile

Roads were made for journeys...

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

The thumbtack changes color when there's a new post. Smile
        This is highly unreliable. Often new messages are not marked and messages I have seen remain marked.
        Wingz

Professional Noob

Maybe it depends on how often you're checking it? No, wait... you're a Mac person, right? Maybe it's an OS thing... Those Macs..... Tongue

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

It could very well be a Mac thing...I am also a Mac head and have the same issues Trent describes. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

It happens on my PC It happens on my Mac
              Wingz

Professional Noob

Ah, well. It was worth a try! Big grin

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Eric does not directly track hits to posts per user in the way other message boards do, he is concerned about that slowing down the performance. He uses some other method. The only way to do it correctly would be to database each post and whether a user has clicked on it before.
                  JakeKnight

I'm on a PC. To tell the truth, I have no clue if the pin may have changed colors. I maybe just missed it. But since I'm not sure, maybe something a little more obvious would be nice? For example, I just noticed today that Pron8r had published his awards ceremony.

vicentefrijole

For example, I just noticed today that Pron8r had published his awards ceremony.
                      Oops. I missed that too. Where is it posted?
                      Wingz

Professional Noob

vicentefrijole

Thanks! Big grin
                          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I missed that thread, too--thanks for pointing it out! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

JakeKnight

And then I look down and notice that the pin is indeed bright red. Either its broken and only works some of the time - or I'm just an idiot and need to pay attention. You decide. Anyway, nevermind.