New PB - 1km - (Read 1833 times)

62 years

Ugh. Not sure why I'm responding to this...can't help self.

Picked race at random: http://www.hitekracing.com/results11/orange0101.htm

There are 74 year old dudes who run that pace. Over 5 k. 63 year old women run that...

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
    We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes

62 years

McGuire, Christopher 26/15/5 62/M60-64 01:25:39 06:01:08 03:45:36 11:18:23

62 year old that ran a marathon faster then your 1k and thats after he swim 2.4 miles and rode 112 miles on his bike.

There lots of guys on this site that are over 62 and much faster then you are.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

MrH

62 years

80 year old Canadian Earl Fee ran 2:57 for 800m. I think he could break your time.

Last Saturday I saw Nolan Shaheed (61) run 4:58 for a mile (1.609km). 

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

jayskydee

McGuire, Christopher 26/15/5 62/M60-64 01:25:39 06:01:08 03:45:36 11:18:23

62 year old that ran a marathon faster then your 1k and thats after he swim 2.4 miles and rode 112 miles on his bike.

There lots of guys on this site that are over 62 and much faster then you are.

Probably ex pros or amatures, who have done it all their lives.

jayskydee

Picked race at random: http://www.hitekracing.com/results11/orange0101.htm

There are 74 year old dudes who run that pace. Over 5 k. 63 year old women run that...

My pace was 8@28 per mile, 74 year old dude on that list was just slower by a few secs, albeit for 5k, Yes the guys in their 60's beat it by some, But I doubt their pace would work out as 18 kmph.

xhristopher

Anyone got any data on how fast your average 12 year old runs 1K?

Speaking of 12 years ... Anyone see the Rocketboom video "Know your meme: Troll Bait"

jayskydee

My pace was 8@28 per mile, 74 year old dude on that list was just slower by a few secs, albeit for 5k, Yes the guys in their 60's beat it by some, But I doubt their pace would work out as 18 kmph.

406    Christopher Monoson               Shelton  CT          1493    33   M      32 30-39      34:55   11:16/M    

Thats not so great for a 33 year old, worse or equal to me over 5k.

Really? He lost me at "f**king r***rd."

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Probably ex pros or amatures, who have done it all their lives.

jeffdonahue

Anyone got any data on how fast your average 12 year old runs 1K?

Speaking of 12 years ... Anyone see the Rocketboom video "Know your meme: Troll Bait"

My daughter is 13 and ran a 1.6 mile race in 12:00 flat..

that is 2.6 km in 12 minutes, which works out to about 4:36 per kilometer.

jayskydee

Really? He lost me at "f**king r***rd."

indeed. i should know better.

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
                          We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes
                          drrbradford

Re. 12 year olds.

I looked up the results from 2010 Scottish National U13 road race champs. 2.5km. Boys winning time = 8.27 (3.22/km). Last finisher = 12.00 (4.48/km). Girls winning time = 8.57 (3.35/km). Last finisher = 13.33 (5.25/km).

Now, using J. Daniels' reasonably good formula we can estimate that our original poster could run 2.5km in 14.40-50 or so. So, it seems that 12 yo girls can in fact beat anaemic 22 yo trolls.

undue monkey

Anyone see the Rocketboom video "Know your meme: Troll Bait"

Wow. I didn't even know RB still existed. Good to know they're still adept at shoe-horning a 2 minute video into 5 and a half minutes.

If anyone has run in Montrail Sabino and/or NB MT10, please let me know.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus