New PB - 1km - (Read 1833 times)

At least their is hope that when I start getting treated for anemea and ramp my milage up to 20 miles a week that I can run decent times. As said my anemea is currently untreated, I am waiting for a haemotologists appointment to come in the mail.

I would also say that in order to get my 5k down by four minutes, or more I need to be able to run 1km in a lot quicker than five minutes, as previously I have recoreded 1km as part of a 2k effort as 5:50, at least getting into the low 5's is a start. My interval training was once, the weekend just past, where I did 40 minutes 10 minutes running pritty fast followed by 5 minute walk recovery period. I managed 9:13 for a mile that time (the first), so 8:28 is better as well.

I have them down as race when I want them to be included in my PB section of the website. Tempo run is just runs where I dont really care about the pace but like to finish without any walking or it may be a 20 minute recovery run. I am aiming to try a "tempo" i.e light run for 60 minutes this week, at the slowest pace possible because I havent "ran" non stop at any pace for that time before. My boderline jog/walk speed that could be classed as running is around 8kmph. I can fast walk a bit faster than that but even 8kmph when walking,not jogging, is like light sprinting when I am running.

Those are your ANSWERS?  Now I'm really disappointed....

Purdey

Self anointed title

Hey Jayskydee - whereabouts are you from?

jayskydee

UK

"run" "2" "eat"

well, that really narrows it down.

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

jayskydee

well, that really narrows it down.

The North of the UK.

"run" "2" "eat"

scotland?

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

MrH

Yes, Scotland. From the way he/she writes I'm going to guess a location about ten miles south of Kilmarnock.

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

"run" "2" "eat"

tarboulton?

MrH

tarboulton?

If I had to guess I'd say between Prestwick and Mauchline, and indeed Tarbolton is between those two.

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

MrH

The process is the goal.

Purdey

Self anointed title

UK

Cool.  Me too.  Whereabouts in the UK?  I'm in Hampshire.

Cool.  Me too.  Whereabouts in the UK?  I'm in Hampshire.

I'm in Oxfordshire.  I suspect Mr H could tell this just by reading my posts and using whatever location superpowers he has.  He might actually be able to say where in Oxfordshire (without checking my profile).

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

I was going to guess somewhere on the north coast between Durness and Wick.  You know... some combination between those two cities anyway. 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I'm in Oxfordshire.  I suspect Mr H could tell this just by reading my posts and using whatever location superpowers he has.  He might actually be able to say where in Oxfordshire (without checking my profile).

I know where.  Heck, I even know what you ate Sunday morning (omlette and hot chocolate).