Run in the winter and you will die, DIE I tell you (Read 334 times)

Walk-Jogger

Bad things can happen there too. Maybe the la-z-boy is safer. Just hope that you don't sprain your finger pushing buttons on the remote.

Is Your Chair Killing You? The Consequences of Comfort. 

It appears that we are DOOMED. Might as well keep running till we drop.

Retired &  Loving It

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/marko-cheseto-kenyan-runner-feet-amputated-alaska-disappearance-article-1.981147

That was a really unusual case, and there's a lot more to story. It wasn't that big a snowstorm, iirc. By the way he is competing with prosthetics now, I believe.

"So many people get stuck in the routine of life that their dreams waste away. This is about living the dream." - Cave Dog

That was a really unusual case, and there's a lot more to story. It wasn't that big a snowstorm, iirc. By the way he is competing with prosthetics now, I believe.

There was a profile article on RWOL not too long ago.  Definitely not your average winter run...

http://www.runnersworld.com/runners-stories/runner-interrupted

Little Blue

Well, I agree with her that  there are seldom smiles on the faces of runners in extreme cold. Can't see through the balaclavas, or scarves or whatever we choose to wear for cold protection.

I don't often see runners grinning from ear to ear, in any weather.  Unless you're listening to an amusing podcast, why would you smile while running? 

Mmmmm...beer

I don't often see runners grinning from ear to ear, in any weather.  Unless you're listening to an amusing podcast, why would you smile while running? 

I've had lots of runs where I'm smiling, because I'm enjoying the run, usually it's in a warm rain, or on a trail. Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!