OWN Oprah and Lance-spoilers (Read 328 times)

Biking Bad

finnegan begin again

Wow, already

Can he be humble?

"... the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value..."  Thomas Paine Dec 23, 1776 The Crisis 

Adversity is the first path to truth. Lord Byron

"No one plans to fail…..they fail to plan" Skinny Pete

sugnim

Mountain time.  I have an hour to wait.

Biking Bad

finnegan begin again

Per Lance, no cheating after his comeback

Awe, that made him mad!

"... the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value..."  Thomas Paine Dec 23, 1776 The Crisis 

Feeling the growl again

I cannot post the words I have been using.

Asked whether he pressed people to dope...

"A leader leads by example..."   (his words).  Then says there's a big difference between doping up himself and demanding similar performance by his team, but not explicitly demanding doping.  Gimme a break...

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Biking Bad

finnegan begin again

Spaniel, Exactly!!!    I am the leader!!! I am doing this to be the best!!!   What are you doing for the team?

"explicitly" was verbally telling them, and he says he didn't although Christian Vandevelde said he did within Christian VdV's book.

Being "a leader by example", though, he recognized that he did pressure them and he was wrong.

To me, the distinction made sense.

I cannot post the words I have been using.

Asked whether he pressed people to dope...

"A leader leads by example..."   (his words).  Then says there's a big difference between doping up himself and demanding similar performance by his team, but not explicitly demanding doping.  Gimme a break...

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

Feeling the growl again

Spaniel, Exactly!!!    I am the leader!!! I am doing this to be the best!!!   What are you doing for the team?

Yep.  Psychopath.

"Are you saying that you did not expect your other top riders to dope and see Dr. Ferrari?"  - OW

:"I saw Ferrari as a good man, and I still do."  -- LA  (ie, total dodge of the question)

"Is Ferrari the center of doping?" - OW

"I'm not willing to comment on that " - LA

"I am deeply flawed.  I deserve this." - LA (finally, something we can agree on).

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Biking Bad

finnegan begin again

Not enough ownership fir me to forgive. Basically, it would be hard anyway.

I wish a good LR or RA guy would grill him. Not some non-athlete. But, I like her early questions. She just really lacks the background to grill him properly.

Feeling the growl again

"Did you feel you were cheating?" - OW

"No.  I looked up the definition of cheating at it said 'to gain an advantage'"/ - LA

Why would someone need to work so hard to destroy the lives of others, and cover their tracks, if they really felt their activities were legitimate?

{deleted... duplicate of Spaniel's above}

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

Biking Bad

finnegan begin again

When I was 12 I was racing a teammate in a training race. The criteria was "no hands, under water"  I looked over to see my competitor using his hands. I used mine after. Both were declared DQ after. I accepted it. I was only a kid. HUGE Lesson

Biking Bad

finnegan begin again

"Did you feel you were cheating?" - OW

"No.  I looked up the definition of cheating at it said 'to gain an advantage'"/ - LA

Why would someone need to work so hard to destroy the lives of others, and cover their tracks, if they really felt their activities were legitimate?

1+

Why is it sideways?

Gotta give Oprah respect.

Feeling the growl again

When I was 12 I was racing a teammate in a training race. The criteria was "no hands, under water"  I looked over to see my competitor using his hands. I used mine after. Both were declared DQ after. I accepted it. I was only a kid. HUGE Lesson

+1.  Good lesson.

Feeling the growl again

Gotta give Oprah respect.

Not usually a huge fan, but she's doing a bang-up job.