Chest Pain. But not THAT kind of chest pain. I think. (Read 331 times)

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

Okay, back from the hospital!

Stress test was fun, though not as long as anticipated.  I either misunderstood the cardio doc or didn't remember correctly, but they started at a 10% grade, at 1.4 mph.  That was "Stage 1," and it went up from there.  I made it to Stage 5 - 18% grade, 5 mph - before hitting the target heart rate of 156 (on my way to 175).  Took about 15 mins., total, mainly due to the incline.

Cardio doc wasn't in at the time, so he was going to look at the chart and get back to me sometime early next week. Angry  Sheesh, I'm getting tired of this process dragging on.  I expressed this frustration to the tech running the test, and she said if he came in tomorrow, they'd see if he could go ahead and look at it.

She did say, though, that as far as she could see, it was a textbook EKG.  Everything lined up just fine.

So, while still being careful and not pushing it too hard, I think I'm going to continue my training plan.

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

jdmcgregor

All business

Even though it's still tentative news, it's good to hear things are probably normal.

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." J. Handy

sbpbrent

Ludwig Classic Maple

Okay, back from the hospital!

Stress test was fun, though not as long as anticipated.  I either misunderstood the cardio doc or didn't remember correctly, but they started at a 10% grade, at 1.4 mph.  That was "Stage 1," and it went up from there.  I made it to Stage 5 - 18% grade, 5 mph - before hitting the target heart rate of 156 (on my way to 175).  Took about 15 mins., total, mainly due to the incline.

Cardio doc wasn't in at the time, so he was going to look at the chart and get back to me sometime early next week. Angry  Sheesh, I'm getting tired of this process dragging on.  I expressed this frustration to the tech running the test, and she said if he came in tomorrow, they'd see if he could go ahead and look at it.

She did say, though, that as far as she could see, it was a textbook EKG.  Everything lined up just fine.

So, while still being careful and not pushing it too hard, I think I'm going to continue my training plan.

So far, that's good news if they didn't seem hurried.  I'm sure you still want to get to the bottom of your problem.  I hope they can get you some answers.

So how did you like that incline?  They can really crank that thing up.  It's nothing like one of those Jillian Michaels Bowflex treadmill commercials.

Marathon PR: 3:25:35 Fall Classic, 2014

1/2 Marathon PR: 1:35:59, Mt. Sneffels Half Marathon, 2014

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

Yeah...I was only running something like 5 mph, but at an 18% incline, that's kind of tough to maintain!

Anyway, on Friday, I received the following message in my MyChart inbox:

"Dr Cardioman says your test was completely normal. You have no activity restrictions. Have a great weekend."

Now, they didn't do the echocardiogram or anything beyond the treadmill test, but between this, the lack of any other symptoms, and the way it seems to be more or less fading with each run, I'm pretty much going ahead with my plan as-is.

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people