Steady as she goes...first 25k, DONE! (Read 830 times)

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

a bigger voice in my head said "you had 3 shitty runs in a row before this race and have trained for an entire year--make this a race to remember fondly, not one that leaves miserable memories of breathing struggles and nausea. There's always next year to kick some ass once you know the lay of the land and what to expect."
    Damn, that voice in your head sure is talkative (unsurprisingly). The most mine says at one time is "Suck it up weak ass!" Clowning around K & E, thanks to both of you for your wonderful descriptions of my 2nd favroite Michigan race (1st is Traverse City Cherry Fest 15k. [waves hand] You will run it.). It made me wish I were there, though perhaps as my 19-year-old self that ran it as opposed to the current overweight herniated model. Tongue CONGRATS! Big grin

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Prophet!

nice job both of you! Great race and great reports!
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

It made me wish I were there, though perhaps as my 19-year-old self that ran it as opposed to the current overweight herniated model. Tongue
        Hmmm...you have a whole year to recover and train. I think you should run it in '08! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Joni and Andrea...wanna run it with us next year...? Big grin k
          Are you kidding!!!?? I want to run everything!! Big grin Big grin Sounds like there are some great races along the coast here too!! Absolootamuntly!!
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yay!!! Big grin Big grin Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Hmmm...you have a whole year to recover and train. I think you should run it in '08!
              Well, that would be fun. I could get Jim the Podiatrist and my X-Country coach to run so we could have our long-awaited Battle of the Owosso Has-Beens / Wannabees. Probably not too likely, though, since my MI visits (when they do happen) tend to either be around July 4th, or during football season. (GO BLUE!)

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Probably not too likely, though, since my MI visits (when they do happen) tend to either be around July 4th, or during football season. (GO BLUE!)
                GR has a marathon/HM the end of Oct...I'm just sayin'. Eryn and I are dying for an RA get-together surrounding a race! Riverbank Run would definitely be ideal, though...even has a 5k for those not quite ready for the 15.5 miles. Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

GR has a marathon/HM the end of Oct...I'm just sayin'. Eryn and I are dying for an RA get-together surrounding a race! Riverbank Run would definitely be ideal, though...even has a 5k for those not quite ready for the 15.5 miles. k
                  I'd be up for a road trip then!

Michelle

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'd be up for a road trip then!
                    Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

You'll ruin your knees!

Woot! Woot! One for each of you! Way to go, ladies! Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Great Job Kristen!!! Congrats on a super-de-duper race (too much Barney in my past!) I would love to join you for a Michigan run sometime. It is only 2.5 hours or so to Grand Rapids from where I live Smile Enjoy your week!
                        Elena
                        jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Nice pics of of you and Eryn BTW. Boy, you're one of those people who can't help bug but mug for the camera, eh? Tongue

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Great Job Kristen!!! Congrats on a super-de-duper race (too much Barney in my past!) I would love to join you for a Michigan run sometime. It is only 2.5 hours or so to Grand Rapids from where I live Smile Enjoy your week!
                            You really should! The Grand Rapids Marathon/HM is in late Oct. and is a very nice event. And the Riverbank Run for next year is definitely on my list of races for '08. Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Nice pics of of you and Eryn BTW. Boy, you're one of those people who can't help bug but mug for the camera, eh? Tongue
                              I learned this "skill" from my hubby. We have countless photos of him sticking out his tongue. He's a dork. Tongue k

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I learned this "skill" from my hubby. We have countless photos of him sticking out his tongue. He's a dork.
                                It's a valuable and useful skill. Right up there with the Rabbit Ears, the mock "surprised" expression, The Grope, crossed-eyes, and my personal favorite, The Stealth Middle Finger. (I'm an old pro.)