Half Marathon (Read 499 times)

Just Be

Just finished my first half marathon since I started running again! Smile It's such a long time to spend running, I have great respect for everyone who runs the marathon, that's just crazy to me right now, but I can see myself running one maybe 1 year or more from now after I've built up a bit more miles/month.

Papillon1966

I'll be doing my second half marathon in two weeks (Surf City in Huntington Beach). I don't know yet if I"ll ever do a full marathon, but I can see continuing to do halfs. It's long enough to be an accomplishment, but not too long that I'm in too much pain when I'm done. Papillon1966

Lisa Boyles

Just Be

I think I'm going to find a local half marathon and participate. I'd imagine that the competitive atmosphere would be a lot of fun. The half I ran was just me alone and my HRM.
        Ringmaster

Congrats! It certainly is a long time to run, especially alone! I can't see myself ever doing a full either. I'm doing my first half in a few weeks. I've run the full length once and have a 14-mile training run this weekend. From doing long runs alone and then doing the same distance in a race, I can tell you, it's a different environment, so yeah, I'd encourage you to find a local half. Plus, I'm looking forward to earning my finisher's medal! Get yourself something shiny! Big grin K

Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (Heb. 12:1b)
          Mile by Mile

go Care Bear go!

I love the HM distance. Enough miles to be a challenge but not so much that it takes over your life (3+ hour training runs.. yikes!) or your body. I was shocked to see the condition of people who completed the full marathon in Las Vegas last month after I did the half. I was hanging around (feeling absolutely great, by the way!) at the Mandalay Bay and I couldn't believe how many marathoners looked so messed up when they finished..... limping, inspecting their blistered feet etc. No thanks. I've only done a couple of HMs but I really like the training and the race. Find a fun one to enter (local or on the road) and Go For It!!