Feature request: Bike/equipment tracking (Read 622 times)

Would like to see ability to track mileage/use of other equipment besides shoes. Thanks!
    Kenotic Runner

I am so pleased at the features Eric as done here having just come over from Cool Running, I am almost embarassed to add to the feature backlog. Anyhow, I like this idea too. I can see how folks would like to track miles on bikes. Or on gym equipment. Here's one that might be unique to me. On Cool Running, in the shoes I had entered my skis. And then when I skied a day on a pair, I'd enter that pair of skis in the shoes field. Let me track how many days on each pair of skis. When the data imported over, it made the links (between the keys in the database), but for new skiing days, I now can't enter anything in the shoes field as it doesn't appear in the custom workout type data entry page. Anyhow, I do like the idea of adding equipment. I'd probably use it for skis, treadmill, stationary bike, snowshoes, and Yaktrax.
        I agree - and also feel embarrased asking for something on this great, free site. But really, that's the only thing I can think to add. I haven't even been on here for a week, and already I like it better than Cool Running. Smile
        ironTriKev

IronMan ;)

As long as we're asking, I'd like the ability to log miles on sub items as well. for example, how many miles on a particular bike and also the miles for a particular tire set. Thanks, so much for the great site!

Tri-Kev Here are my favorite links:
          My "kick @ss" running club ;)

Swim 2.4 miles.
          Ride 112 miles.
          Run 26.2 miles.
          Then brag for the rest of your life.
          -Commander John Collins, Ironman Triathlon creator

Too funny...I just started using the log and was getting ready to enter all my data from this past year, thought of this exact feature and low and behold it is at the top of the message board. For the cycling entries, Tri-Kev's request would be ideal. Log by bike with a sub category of tire set, but if that is too hard to implement, we could probably get by with just the "by bike" feature and enter our bikes with a "Make Model Tire set" format: Trek 2000 Conti Grand Prix Then when you change tires just add another bike to the drop down: Trek 2000 Conti Grand Prix2 The only downside would be that miles on one particular bike wouldn't automatically be added together in the graphs etc...