Dayton Marathon (USAF-marathon) (Read 468 times)

RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

Anyone else running the Dayton Ohio marathon or ever run it before? http://www.usafmarathon.com/ I am planning on running it for a warm up for Columbus. I was wondering what the course was like and if anyone had any tips on if I could just drive up there on the day of the race. It is only an hour or so from my house. I'm between Dayton and Cincinnati in Mason.
      2011 Goals:
      Sub 19 5K (19:24 5K July 14th 2010)
      Marathon under 3:05:59 BQ (3:11:10 Indy 2010)
    sjwick

I ran the half last year. There isn't much of a crowd along the course due to the fact that a lot of the course is on the base. There aren't very many clocks around the course. But parking and getting around was pretty easy (but I'm also from the Dayton area).
      RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

Are you running it this year. How many people ran last year. What do you mean by a lack of clocks? How often did they have them, usually every mile marker right. Is the course pretty flat then since it is around the base?
          2011 Goals:
          Sub 19 5K (19:24 5K July 14th 2010)
          Marathon under 3:05:59 BQ (3:11:10 Indy 2010)
        sjwick

I'm not going to run USAF this year, going to run a 1/2 in Indiana mid October. Last year they only had clocks at 2 spots for the half marathon, every mile is marked by USTAF signs but no clocks. There are couple of hills. Last year they had 1300 in the marathon. They also have staggered start times. The marathon starts, then half an hour later the relay starts, then half hour later the half starts.