Your Weird-isms while you run (Read 1352 times)

runnin from hell

Just starting a thread to see if anyone had little compulsive things they do when they run. Here are mine . I start the timer, but will not allow myself to look at my watch until I am completely finished. Out of the past 4 or 5 years of running, I have only peeked two or three times. . I WILL NOT cut corners. If I come to a street corner and hop over the grass, I force myself to go back and make the turn without "cutting corners". . I have to ring my sisters door bell each time I run. She hates it, but I do it anyway. . Sometimes I count my foot steps (not very often, because it can drive me a little crazy) . I refuse to stop until I have completed my route. If I stop, I feel like I failed in some small way. I wont even stop for water until my route has been complete. These are just a few of mine. Does anyone else have these types of things going on in their head when they are running? -NF
      I like to complete on an even mile. If I am running by myself I will keep going until I finish on an even mile (not odd or even... just if I am at 6.7 miles I'll run .3 more ). Other than that I am generally weird enough...
        On monster hills, I never look up. I keep telling myself, the hill has not even started yet. Then when I know I'm close to the top, I allow myself to say the hills started now, an then it's magically over. Werid. I also still thank my dog after a hard run or hard hill. Even though she's been dead for 4 years. I still feel her by myside. She always kicked into high gear on hills, and I know she's pulling me up them. I will also play the " just make it to the next farm or whatever, than I can stop. Then, I do it to the next thing down the road. etc. Sometimes it's the only way to fininsh a hard run. If it's really bad, I count or chant. Sometimes I hear myself grunt like a caveman. Creepy. I also know every dog, every horse, etc on my normal route. It's so bad, I also sort of know peoples cars. And the kids at the bustops, etc.

- Anya

celiacChris

3Days4Cure

. I have to ring my sisters door bell each time I run. She hates it, but I do it anyway.
          That is hilarious. Even funnier if the doorbell wakes her up. Evil grin

Chris
          PRs: 27:26 5k/ 49:52 5mi/ 58:17 10k/ 2:09:24 half/ 5:13:17 Full

Post-Bipolar PRs: 38:35 5k/ 1:09:34 8k/ 1:09:39 5mi/ 1:33:03 10k/ 3:20:40 Half

2022 Goals

Back to 10k

Insert witty title here

. I have to ring my sisters door bell each time I run. She hates it, but I do it anyway.
            I bet that's a real pain when you're running in another city Wink

ThomasRuns Blog
            Twitter

"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do." - [Walter Bagehot]

I am so not responding answering this time.
              And who am I anyway?
              Just another fat jogger, evidently.
                On most runs, I only check my times when I turn onto another street. On early morning runs, or generally long boring stretches with little traffic, I count telephone poles I pass in between cars passing me. The most I've gotten was 23 poles between cars (it was a very boring run).

Menace to Sobriety

I'll have to try that, where does she live?

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

...And I do.

A little OCD, are WE??? Big grin
                      A little OCD, are WE??? Big grin
                      I think they have medication that will help control this stuff....... Tongue

Champions are made when no one is watching

I like to complete on an even mile. If I am running by myself I will keep going until I finish on an even mile (not odd or even... just if I am at 6.7 miles I'll run .3 more ). Other than that I am generally weird enough...
                        This seems completely reasonable to me... Which probably means that I'm weird, too, haha. I always have to make sure that my run goes slightly over the intended distance, even if this just means running an extra block or two. I think this started out as a way of training myself to run through the finish line, but now I feel like a failure if my 5 mile run wasn't actually 5.2 or something.
                          This seems completely reasonable to me... Which probably means that I'm weird, too, haha. I always have to make sure that my run goes slightly over the intended distance, even if this just means running an extra block or two. I think this started out as a way of training myself to run through the finish line, but now I feel like a failure if my 5 mile run wasn't actually 5.2 or something.
                          So 5K and 10K races are out for youz? Or do you accept the evenness of kilometers? (Not to mention halfs, fulls etc?)
                            I just realized this on my run today. When I'm running in crowded areas, or by cars during rush hour, I make the worst faces I can think of, and act like I'm about to fall over. Hey, people aren't supposed to think running is all fun and easy Big grin Yes, I know I'm strange... Confused

The Greatest of All Time

I don't really think about running while I am running. I do take notice of my breathing every now and then, but mostly my mind is on other more random things.
                              all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.

Giants Fan

Ok I too have to go over the mile for mileage. If its a 5 miler...I have to go over, at least to 5.08 and it always has to be an even number!!!

"I think I've discovered the secret of life- you just hang around until you get used to it."

Charles Schulz