Garmin Route Distance (Read 608 times)

Marquess of Utopia

So I've used my 305 twice now, On my 4 mile runningAhead route it cut off 0.2 miles. Then I went to the track ran 4 laps and it was dead on. I got home looked at the map on Google Earth and noticed it cut the corners on the track and in the streets; I noticed it made up the difference on the track by cutting the corners then marking a point in lane 3. Which have your found to be more accurate RA maps or Garmin?
      So I've used my 305 twice now, On my 4 mile runningAhead route it cut off 0.2 miles. Then I went to the track ran 4 laps and it was dead on. I got home looked at the map on Google Earth and noticed it cut the corners on the track and in the streets; I noticed it made up the difference on the track by cutting the corners then marking a point in lane 3. Which have your found to be more accurate RA maps or Garmin?
      I think the G is more accurate. It's easy to misplace those flags on the online mapping. Keep running that 4 mile route and I bet it will be consistently on. Plus, you will spend less time mapping. Way. Less. Time. And that means more for running. Call me a log stalker, but do you know you have a pair of ski boots listed as your running shoe? Maybe that's what you used to run in.
        I just go with what my Garmin says. I don't bother mapping anything with an online mapping tool anymore, unless it's when I'm running in a new area or a different city and I want to get a general idea of my route before I head out the door. I did have to adjust a couple of my routine routes when I first got my Garmin because they came up a little short, same as yours.

Marquess of Utopia

Call me a log stalker, but do you know you have a pair of ski boots listed as your running shoe? Maybe that's what you used to run in.
          LOL; winter 06-07 of I used it to log my XC skiing workouts as a running workout.