One Race a Month - CHALLENGE - March (Read 717 times)

jeffdonahue

Okay, I dont have the official roster but I didnt see the thread so I thought I would start it for March. 1.) Date 2.) Location 3.) Race Name 4.) Distance 5.) Time 6.) Goal 1) 03/05/08 2) Wakefield, MA 3) Mystic Runners Wed Nite 5K 4) 5K 5) 20:54 6) My goal on this race was to stay with a guy who I knew consistently ran in the mid 20s for the first two miles and see what I had left for the end. The head wind was brutal from mile 1 mark through the end. I did hang with him through two miles but then they lost me as the wind drained anything I had left. I did hang on to go under 21:00 which is a new PR for me.
    jeffdonahue

Ok, here's the roster. Please let me know if you're still in or out...and check out January's thread: PowerOfQ Bugs34 MandyS antihero Ileneforward PrinceJ rgreen45 KennyRun Aamos BadDawg RuN26.2 ajha Runner67 sholtsman mcg soccamom RunningSister I tried a Tri HoosierDaddy jeffdonahue - DONE - 3/5 alan f rockenmamof5 Pokey52 go grammy trentman359 timwilson sully702 SLOjim Freerunner MTA: and PLEASE log your result in the Virtual Racers forum (http://www.runningahead.com/groups/virtual/Forum)

Bugs

Why am I not on the list? I have 2 for each month so far.

Bugs

jeffdonahue

I'll add you, I just copied the list from the last month post.
            i'm still in. Two 5ks targeted for march on the 11th and 25th. they are both "Loaded Hog 5k" races on the waterfront here in Wellington on a Tuesday night. My goals for each will be very weather dependent as it can be very windy indeed here but the first one of the two is likely to be the faster all other things being equal. By the way I added my Feb races to virtual racers but I did it late so they probably come up as March ones.
              1.) 3/22/08 2.) Decatur Tx 3.) The Grasslands Run 4.) 26.2 miles 5.) 7:00 am 6.) Mostly just to enjoy the run and finish. I have a goal of finishing it in under 4 hours but will shoot for 3:30 but not sure of the offroad obstacles of the course. I am just now getting over the semi flu I have had the past 3 days and still not sure about running but will try 3-5 tonight. I also plan on a local 5k for St Patties day on the 15th but for my own goal I am not counting anything but marathons for the race a month format.

"You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas"  Davy Crockett

Hey: I'm not on the list either. I did get in on the fun until last month's post. However, I have run races in January and February. I logged the Feb race right after I ran it. This month I'm doing the third, and unfortunately final, Pickle run. It's a 5k through Ridley State Park, just outside of Philly. I ran the second last month and found it to be well organized and fun. February's run was a few weeks after my January marathon and I don't think I was fully recovered. I ran a 21:02. I'd like to March's in 20:50. Good luck all.

Think Whirled Peas

Thanks Jeff!!! SHEESH, I'm a moron...updated Group: PowerOfQ MandyS antihero Ileneforward PrinceJ rgreen45 KennyRun Aamos BadDawg RuN26.2 ajha Runner67 sholtsman mcg soccamom RunningSister I tried a Tri HoosierDaddy jeffdonahue rockenmamof5 Pokey52 go grammy trentman359 timwilson sully702 SLOjim Freerunner Bugs34 dnice

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

You'll ruin your knees!

1.) 3/22/08 2.) Decatur Tx 3.) The Grasslands Run 4.) 26.2 miles 5.) 7:00 am 6.) Mostly just to enjoy the run and finish. I have a goal of finishing it in under 4 hours but will shoot for 3:30 but not sure of the offroad obstacles of the course. I am just now getting over the semi flu I have had the past 3 days and still not sure about running but will try 3-5 tonight. I also plan on a local 5k for St Patties day on the 15th but for my own goal I am not counting anything but marathons for the race a month format.
                    Jimmy/Gunny, Several RA folk will be at Grasslands...I'll be working the start/finish area from the wee hours on race day until about 1 pm... ask any of the volunteers for Lynn...love to meet you. If you're interested in trail running in the North Texas area, we have a group called North Texas Trail Runners (about 250 strong). Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Think Whirled Peas

1) 03/05/08 2) Wakefield, MA 3) Mystic Runners Wed Nite 5K 4) 5K 5) 20:54 6) My goal on this race was to stay with a guy who I knew consistently ran in the mid 20s for the first two miles and see what I had left for the end. The head wind was brutal from mile 1 mark through the end. I did hang with him through two miles but then they lost me as the wind drained anything I had left. I did hang on to go under 21:00 which is a new PR for me.
                      Nice job on the PR!!! Do think you can make it under 20 this year?

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

#artbydmcbride

I am in: I did a relay race on Feb 29th - March . Smile I plan to do a St. Patricks Day 10K on March 16th as well.

Runners run

I'm doing a St Patrick's Day 8k this sunday here in Washington DC. It's right by the capitol! And over a week before St Patrick's Day!

sean

I'll be doing the Bay to Bay 5K on March 16th in St. Pete, FL. Lisa
                            I plan to be running as long as I can and have no plans to stop. --Frank Shorter
                            jeffdonahue

Nice job on the PR!!! Do think you can make it under 20 this year?
                              Hopefully I can. I have another 5K at the beginning of April and then a pretty flat one at the end of April - maybe during one of those. I didnt mean to take your post away from you either, just wanted to do it while it was on my mind - otherwise I would have totally blanked out on it. Jeff

The Greatest of All Time

I have two this month, two in April, at least one in May, and probably one each summer month and into October at least.
                                all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.