Butterfly icon?? (Read 747 times)

On the route editor, when creating or editing the map of a route, what does the butterfly icon do?  I can't seem to find it's function, and a forum search only brings back instances of swimming references and butterfly hugs (whatever that is).  Every other icon has a descriptor pop-up except that one. If anyone knows, let me know. Thanks.

A Saucy Wench

huh....that's new.  Click it and see!   It appears to pop in any photos that are associated with the area.    I saw a barn and a park on mine. 

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

New?  Ennay, that's like calling you a teenager.  Mrow.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

On the route editor, when creating or editing the map of a route, what does the butterfly icon do?  I can't seem to find it's function, and a forum search only brings back instances of swimming references and butterfly hugs (whatever that is).  Every other icon has a descriptor pop-up except that one. If anyone knows, let me know. Thanks.

The butterfly accesses the google map photos API.  If you look at any google map, there is a "More" box in the upper right corner, with a link to show photos, videos, etc.  The butterfly activates the photos here in RAland.

A Saucy Wench

New?  Ennay, that's like calling you a teenager.  Mrow.

So very new then

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

xor

This is all well and good, but why a butterfly?

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Well.  Isn't the answer obvious: why not?
                  That's a pretty nice feature.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Every other icon has a descriptor pop-up except that one. If anyone knows, let me know. Thanks.

Definitely need a tool tip for the butterfly.

Ah, ok.  When I clicked it nothing happened. Guess I could have answered my own question had I zoomed out a bit, as no one has added any photos on my routes. Not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing. Smile

Thanks for the answer.

jfa

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

NJJoe, you cannot link to photos on your computer.  You need to upload them to a site on the web.
                          Mariposai

This is all well and good, but why a butterfly?

because butterflies are so cool...and they come in different shapes and colors...

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard