4 races in 4 weeks (Read 606 times)

So just when I thought my racing season was about over I have discovered a few more 5k races to keep me motivated to break 17:40 this season. This week I am hoping to come back strong after a disappointing race last Friday. This weekend will be a small race and after looking at last years results I may have a chance at winning or finishing second behind my brother Phil. I'm not sure if anyone else on running ahead is in the Muncie area but if you are good luck if you will be running any of these races. 9-14 - Indy Irish Fest 5k - 18:27 9-23 - South Whitley homecoming 5k - 9-29 - Chase Charlie 5k (At Ball State University ) 10-7 - BSU Get Out and Play 5K
      South Whitley Homecoming 5k was a much better run, not used to the cool weather yet, it kinda hurt the lungs. I finished 4th overall with Philip just behind me in 6th he ran a 18:23 and I ran 18:00. I am now halfway done with the 4 races in 4 weeks. And hopefully still have a shot at 17:40.
        Seeing as how you knocked off 27 seconds from the first race (and beat me in the process) I think you'll get there. If the weather gets a bit more consistent and you get used to the cooler air I think you'll have it. I'm just hoping to close in on 18:00 before winter. Good luck on your next 2 races...
          Almost there...17:53 at the Chase Charlie 5k...Roommate Tristen joined me on this run, this was his first 5k, he finished around 29 min which I would have to say is good for not training and not running very often. I finished 6th overall and 2nd in my age group.