Rest Rooms? (Read 123 times)

First let me state that I have been consistently pleased over the last 10 years regarding the features of this site. Thanks Eric. However, with the particularity that the mapping function can show routes, trails, etc., is there any way to get it to show public rest rooms? For me at least, that would be a big help when I plan out of town runs, like I am doing now with a weekend lacrosse tournament coming up.

Altair5

Runs in the rain

The mapping seems to be done by Google maps and I don't think they list public restrooms. I would suggest looking for fast food restaurants and just use their restrooms.

Long distance runner, what you standin' there for?
      Get up, get out, get out of the door!

Prince of Fatness

The mapping seems to be done by Google maps and I don't think they list public restrooms. I would suggest looking for fast food restaurants and just use their restrooms.

+1

Also if you are going to a park to run paths or trails most will have a trail map online and they usually show where restrooms are available.

Not at it at all. 

I would suggest looking for fast food restaurants and just use their restrooms.

Does not help those of us who run in the early pre-dawn hours before most places are open. And a lot of places are pretty firm with a “restrooms for customers only” policy. Starbucks are often open around 5 AM, and a bit more free with non-customer restroom usage than many places. Gas stations of course. Also if you run in an area with hotels, they are pretty much always open (and if you make a beeline for the restroom, they don’t ask questions). Same with hospitals - may sound weird, but there’s one along one of my regular routes that I’ve made good use of.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

Park restrooms can also be seasonal. I remember going to a state park in the winter & the bathrooms were locked. Peeing in the woods in the snow is not my idea of fun. My county puts POPs on the multi-use fields during daylight savings time and at the HS tracks (in football "stadiums") for football season.

Supermarkets and other stores are also an option. I like the stores with bathrooms right by the entrance, so you can pretty much go in & out unnoticed.

Hospitals are definitely a regional thing. Here in the Baltimore area, you need to show id pretty much as soon as you walk in the door and get a visitor wristband. I was shocked when we went to see a friend in the hospital while in Las Vegas--his wife just walked right on in to his room while I was digging in my purse to find my id.

jeffdonahue

You could try this too - there might even be an app

https://www.charmin.com/en-us/about-us/sitorsquat