what is your finish face look like (Read 6502 times)

an amazing likeness

Perhaps, but internet stalking is pretty easy Wink
    One the first posts I made on this community back when I joined was to question why people weren't a tad more cautious about posting race result photos, since it is a snap to work right back to all personal information. The Your response was immediate and clear that it was silly and it was all out there anyway. I am annoyed, which is completely irrelevant. I am also done on this subject. (mta: apparently not...)

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I apologize for annoying you. I fully respect your perspective, but I take a different road. We had a local fellow who used to store on his computer hard drive pics of everybody he knew or wanted to know from races along with all the race info about them. Kinda weird. Then when he would run, he would not wear his bib so that he could not be identified. At one level, the fact that somebody ran in a race is pretty harmless, but you are right to be concerned that somebody could take your face and info and perhaps do something with it that you do not like. In MY view, so much info is out there about me already, it is better to try and simply be consistent and to be aware of what is there. If you have not already done so, you should set up a google alert with your name and any other info you want to track; that way, anything about you that shows up online and that google finds ends up in your inbox so you can see what it is. Also, google yourself from time to time, just to see. Doing so, I learned that there is another person with my exact name who lives in Portland, OR.
      jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Also, google yourself from time to time, just to see.
        Trent googles himself a minimum of once per day.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Trent googles himself a minimum of once per day.
          I think you just committed a HIPAA violation Globule. And I must say I'm a bit jealous, Trent never apologizes for annoying me. We now return to our regularly scheduled programme...

E.J.
          Greater Lowell Road Runners
          Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I think you just committed a HIPAA violation Globule.
            No way, man. I found out using Google, so that makes it ok.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

an amazing likeness

In MY view, so much info is out there about me already, it is better to try and simply be consistent and to be aware of what is there.
              I appreciate your advice, and am aware of the issues. I am not trying to live off the google-grid in any form, there is plenty of public information about me out there. Heck, one of my prior careers was as a moderator of a pre-internet, then internet-based corporate forum space so I can find stuff I wrote on-line back in the early 90's. I have NO issue with you, or anyone else in this community using public information to learn and post my race results, that is not the intent of my not posting my race bib numbers -- heck my profile picture will lead you right to me (how many people named Andrew, age 48+/- finished in the marathon pictured...not many). If I had an issue with that happening, I simply wouldn't participate here. For you to turn it into a nan-nan-na-na thing and make "there, you can't hide from me" post is a struggle for me. I am in complete agreement with your quote above and attempt the same myself.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

A Saucy Wench

Doing so, I learned that there is another person with my exact name who lives in Portland, OR.
                I have a weird urge to look him up and see if he has the 'fro and calves to match.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

For you to turn it into a nan-nan-na-na thing and make "there, you can't hide from me" post is a struggle for me.
                  That was not my intention.
                  I have a weird urge to look him up and see if he has the 'fro and calves to match.
                  He has the fro. He does not look very athletic. (Not that I do)
                    Strange thread that I hesitate to get involved with...but I'm curious. MilkTruck, what is the intent of your not posting your race bib #s?

Runners run

I learned that there is another person with my exact name who lives in Portland, OR.
                      Oh my goodness --- do you mean there are TWO of you???

Champions are made when no one is watching

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

glutton for punishment

its hard when pain is ravaging your body after giving 100% effort but i promise my next race i am going to do my darnest to eak out a smile - Smile
                        PRs: 5K - 22:15 May 09 10K - 47:11 feb 09 15K - 1:16 april 09 HM - 1:47 nov 08
                        jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

One of my main goals in life is to have a finish-face that is basically in mid-hurl (and captured in a photo). I mean for the finish of a race, that is. I already have this with Scout's mom. [Preemptively making the lame joke before someone else can claim it.]

Lazy idiot

I mean for the finish of a race, that is. I already have this with Scout's mom. [Preemptively making the lame joke before someone else can claim it.]
                            Those jokes just don't hold the same weight as they did back when Scout was around. How sad. I did think of you when I saw SNL this past weekend and they did a Jeopardy! skit.

Tick tock

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Those jokes just don't hold the same weight as they did back when Scout was around. How sad.
                              Well Drew, your mom'll do just fine once I get her back shaved.