what is your finish face look like (Read 6502 times)

My finish face.

My girlfriend captured this gem of me at a trail 10 miler this past Saturday.  I knew I was grimacing, but not THAT much.

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
    Emil Zatopek

Sasquatch in Public

Peace out!

Coming into the finish at the Empire State Marathon, Oct 2012, Syracuse, NY. The grim look is because my calves were cramping so bad I had to keep my feet perfectly still. If I flexed the ankle in either direction, I would knot up and have to stop. I was in view of family, so I wanted to be running across that finish line. It was an odd gait, but I made it.

empire

PRs:

5k -    22:39      12/11     10k -  49:10      11/11

20k -  1:56:56    9/12      13.1 - 1:54:07    3/12

30k -   3:05:54   9/12      26.2 -  5:00:27 10/12

Runner100

Me finishing this year's turkey trot 5k with a sullen grimace. That  kid made me work hard down the final stretch. Smile

turkey trot

RaiderGwen

Me at the end of Ironman (#5) Arizona a few weeks back.  1/2 hour P.R.

Much pain transforming into relief and excitement.

IMAZ

"The best day is today, even if it's kind of a sucky day."  - Lazarus Lake

Mmmmm...beer

This is about 50ft from the finish at my 5k on Saturday, my first floater. Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

#artbydmcbride

This is very awesome!   And a new second place contender for best finish face!!

IMAZ

Runners run

an amazing likeness

I can't help but think of 'Cat Scratch Fever' as the title for this....

IMAZ

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Paincave 10km

55+ PBs 5k 18:36 June 3rd TT

" If you don't use it you lose it,  but if you use it, it wears out.

Somewhere in between is about right "      

bhearn

This is very awesome!   And a new second place contender for best finish face!!

That is a great one. We have a number of second-place contenders here!

Hollie S.

Merry Christmas!

I look more tired and dead in the middle of the race, actually. At the end I tend to look pissed off because my sprinting face is pretty mad. During the end of the second mile and beginning of the third in a 5K is where I usually start to get pretty tired. Then during the last .75 mi is where I start to kick it and then I look angry. I get made fun of a lot. A ton of people that I know like to take my picture and then I see them all over Facebook the next week.

This is my halfway face:Dead

This is my finishing face:Angry

I wish I was as young as I look in the forum picture! But I'm not. :(

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I look more tired and dead in the middle of the race, actually. At the end I tend to look pissed off because my sprinting face is pretty mad. During the end of the second mile and beginning of the third in a 5K is where I usually start to get pretty tired. Then during the last .75 mi is where I start to kick it and then I look angry. I get made fun of a lot. A ton of people that I know like to take my picture and then I see them all over Facebook the next week.

This is my halfway face:Dead

This is my finishing face:Angry

I dunno, I think those have been photoshopped.

Loves the outdoors

IMAZ

This thread consistently delivers!

One day I decided I wanted to become a runner, so I did.

RaiderGwen

This thread consistently delivers!

Thanks you guys.  

I hate my race photos in general, but when this one came across the inter webs, I told my husband, 'Money shot!'

"The best day is today, even if it's kind of a sucky day."  - Lazarus Lake

The first pic is my second half from a couple of months ago. The second pic is from a mud run a couple of years ago. I am the short white guy in the back that can barley open his eyes because of the grit. It was my wifes first time to run, ever, and she finished all 6.2 miles of it.

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27