what is your finish face look like (Read 6502 times)

PRs: 5K: 21:25, 10K: 44:05, HM: 1:38:23* (downhill), M: 3:32:09

Mostly harmless

NTS. Love that look of determination at the finish! Congrats on your new PR!

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

Kalsarikännit

Riggs photo is missing!

Panic!

Ok. I can breathe again. The man, the myth, the legend, found the pic in another thread.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

CT JEFF

DS 1

DS 2

ME

RUN SAFE.     Barefoot 1st: 6/9/13. PR: 5k=22:50 10k=47:46 HM 1:51. FM 4:28 Oct 2015 joined RUN 169!

The best finish photo ever is back!

Ok. I can breathe again. The man, the myth, the legend, found the pic in another thread.

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Love all three, JeffCT!

scappodaqui

rather be sprinting

I just found the worst one ever (from 800m race at the track this summer):

Mm, attractive.  The hair, I cannot explain. I was simply moving so fast it escaped its constraints.

PRs: 5k 19:25, mile 5:38, HM 1:30:56

Lifting PRs: bench press 125lb, back squat 205 lb, deadlift 245lb

I just found the worst one ever (from 800m race at the track this summer):

Mm, attractive.  The hair, I cannot explain. I was simply moving so fast it escaped its constraints.

Nice! You got that whole Medusa thing going.

Dave

I've actually downloaded it...it brings me such amusement!

npaden

My best finish photo yet.  Was feeling really good at the end of my last half marathon and really put the jets on and passed a guy.

Usually on these pictures there is some random dude standing in the background or the background is a cotton field or something but this one has a nice lake in the background even.

It looks like I'm actually running fast and I don't look fat!

For sure going to give a big thank you to the lady that takes these at all of our local club races as a volunteer.

finish photo

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

My best finish photo yet.  Was feeling really good at the end of my last half marathon and really put the jets on and passed a guy.

Usually on these pictures there is some random dude standing in the background or the background is a cotton field or something but this one has a nice lake in the background even.

It looks like I'm actually running fast and I don't look fat!

For sure going to give a big thank you to the lady that takes these at all of our local club races as a volunteer.

finish photo

Pretty hard to mock you on this one. Smile

npaden

Pretty hard to mock you on this one. Smile

Well, what little hair I still have left is messed up.  Little bit of a rooster tail.  It blends in a little with the trees on the cliff in the background though.

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

Chalatenango

I've been perusing these forums for a some time now, but this is my first contribution. "Long time lurker, first time poster" would be an apt description. I figured this is a good place to start: with a visual introduction. Hello!

Some folks have mastered the art of making running look easy. I ain't one of 'em. By the end of a race, I always look like I'm in dire straits. Exhibit A:

MECTorontoRaceFiveHiRes 136

Zelanie

I managed to alarm one of the bystanders even with this one.

joescott

What I really think when I look at this picture is, wow, after a long winter that white boy really could use some sun.

js

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.