what is your finish face look like (Read 6502 times)

You Rang?

Rick 

PR: 5k 25:01 (10/15) 10k: 57:44 (7/14) HM: 1:57 (5/15) FM: 4:55 (1/15)

SubDood

High time we brought this thread back!

Spartathlon finish.

This is an amazing finish photo.

(Didn't seem right seeing it buried at the bottom of the last page where folks might've missed it.)

Mostly harmless

Crossing the finish line and figuring out that I had made BQ by a lot (3:28) when I thought that I was coming in just under the wire.  I forgot to sync/start my watch at the start of the race.  I turned it on exactly one minute after the start but by the time I finished I had either forgotten that or was just suffering from late race confusion.  Either way, I was totally surprised. This photo captures the confusion/disbelief of the moment and is my favorite race picture of myself by far.

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

jkim579

Hi all, I'm new to the forums, finished my first marathon in June and now working hard toward my goal of BQing next year.  Here is my race face, I pretty much look like this any time I'm running hard. Suffice it to say I'll never be gracing the pages of a running magazine.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

beat

Break on through

It's safe to say that photo isn't gracing the pages of running magazines either...  you have to give her credit, though - puking while both feet are airborn!

"Not to touch the Earth, not to see the Sun, nothing left to do but run, run, run..."

It's safe to say that photo isn't gracing the pages of running magazines either...  you have to give her credit, though - puking while both feet are airborn!

Yeah, quite a feat.  Ugh!!!!  Looks like some sort of chocolate gu gone wrong.

jkim579 , I'd rather look at your photo.  You look like you are pushing hard but in control. 

"Shut up Legs!" Jens Voigt

bhearn

Spartathlon finish. The guy behind me was very eager to hop up onto the statue. As my wife says, I was photobummed.

an amazing likeness

From this year's Maine HS xc championships....

(These are not my finish face, I've got t-shirts older than these guys. I know this violates the premise of the topic being "your" finish face)

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Hey - Lisbon, ME - my mom's hometown.  Useless fact, Stephen King grew up in the next town over (Durham).  He went to Lisbon High because Durham didn't have a high school - they all went to Lisbon.

From this year's Maine HS xc championships....

(These are not my finish face, I've got t-shirts older than these guys. I know this violates the premise of the topic being "your" finish face)

You can call me Anna

My Boston marathon qualifier was at the Rock N Roll in Phoenix.  About mile 7, I passed the huge 3:10 pace group and thought "if I can just stay ahead of them, I'll qualify."  At mile 20, their group of about 200 had dwindled to 6 runners.  At mile 23, my suffering was so severe that I longed for death!  Ah, good times, good times. I still remind myself every race, "It is suppose to hurt."

This photo does not capture the amount of pain I felt.

williamvatterott

https://runningspirituality.wordpress.com/

Laughlin

That Guy

"Sprinted" past an 18 y/o kid in the last 25 yards of a half marathon, while making the face in my profile pic.

The Machine

8th Grade year. Ran the mile in this race and set a or  of 4:45

Joann Y

8th Grade year. Ran the mile in this race and set a or  of 4:45

Can't see the picture Liam!

The Machine

http://contrastphotography.com/photocart/index.php?do=photocart&viewGallery=11289#image=364522

There is the link. Haha thought it went through the first time