what is your finish face look like (Read 6502 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

That bearded dude is in HS?! He looks 30-something! I want to know who makes his shorts, as I'm trying to get some Christmas shopping done extra early. My 20 year old would appreciate a pair of running shorts with a cosmic-patterned undershort.

Sorting-out what's going on with the skinny kid with the great hair...every part of his body appears to be headed in a different direction.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Totally. They grow 'em different in that part of Maine.

Also the people in the background--the four kids at the very left edge are transfixed with the drama unfolding in front of them. But the 5th one--the girl with the blond ponytail, racing singlet on top and her hands in the pockets of her baggy sweatpants--is totally distracted by something off to our left, probably well beyond the finish line. What is it? And she's wearing crocs.

The gravel/sand surface they're racing on gives it an unfinished feeling as though the baroque painter who made this picture wanted to direct our attention to the faces.

Masterpiece.

Came across this pic in coverage of a local high school XC meet, the leg mashup adds an interesting dimension:

Runners run

Totally. They grow 'em different in that part of Maine.

Also the people in the background--the four kids at the very left edge are transfixed with the drama unfolding in front of them. But the 5th girl--with the blond ponytail, racing singlet on top and her hands in the pockets of her baggy sweatpants--is totally distracted by something off to our left, probably well beyond the finish line. What is it? And she's wearing crocs.

The gravel/sand surface they're racing on gives it an unfinished feeling as though the baroque painter who made this picture wanted to direct our attention to the faces.

Masterpiece.

I particularly like the woman in mid-stride, seemingly matching the runners as she angles for a better view.

The assistant coach holding the extra bibs in the manilla folder. No outward emotion. Is he frozen in anticipation? Is it knowing confidence that his runner will win?

The farmers tan still visible in the second runner, it's an early season race. The leaves aren't changed yet. Summer's training is still burned in.

Is that eye-black on the tall friend in the hat? Did he come from baseball practice? A fall ball travel game?

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
        We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes

All great stuff. I also noticed the eye black but then doesn't it look like blond ponytail is also wearing eye black--so maybe its more of a war paint type thing.

There's so much here.

Runners run

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

This photo would make an excellent writing prompt.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Teresadfp

One day at a time

That's a great photo.  Ha, when my son ran in Maine races in high school, he looked like he was 12, max.  It was fun seeing him run by dudes like the bearded guy.  Smile

dannyzee

link spam

This is not a great finish face, but I wanted to bump this classic thread for those who have never seen it.

The story of this one is that this was a local 5k at a Middle School fundraiser. So, there was maybe 200 people in the race including 30 or so 7th graders. The kids of course took off like mad and I slowly reeled most of them in over the first mile. I passed the last kid between mile 2 and 3. The turn for 3 miles is behind me (I am in yellow), so there can't be more than 100 yards to the finish. The finish face of note in this one is the kid. The young man is flying!

Epilogue: He passed me with maybe 5 feet to the finish line. Great job kid.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Epilogue: He passed me with maybe 5 feet to the finish line. Great job kid.

I was gonna ask.  Great photo!

dordle12

You'll be stuck alone in a gigantic toy factory while a scary beast hunts you in the brand-new horror game poppy playtime. Are you ready to go on this adventure? Begin immediately and have fun!