what is your finish face look like (Read 6502 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Jill. AWESOME shirt in that pic!!!

A Saucy Wench

There are 3 other women with my name out there. One of them is my age and lives in California. She friended me on facebook. One of them lives in Michigan and my parents met her. The other is a minister. I forget where she lives.
      There are about a gazillion people with my name. Apparently there is a whole facebook club. I've been asked to friend the same woman three or four times. For my whole name club and for the "Anne with an E" club. Roll eyes There is a woman who lives one town over from me who shares my name but is I think 20 years older. I know this because we both used to go to the same doctor/system and on multiple occasions they would pull up her chart on the computer and not notice until I mentioned it. So much for patient privacy. I just hope they realize I am not 60 if I ever need blood.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Ennay, you have the same first AND last name with a gazillion peeps? My first name is uncommon and my last name is almost always spelled differently from how I spell it. Makes the Portland dude kinda interesting. The name problem is a big one with medical records. There needs to be methods to disambiguate similar names, such as using birthdates, addresses, etc.
        xor

Robert Lopez does not like how this thread has turned. Neither does Robert.

Jill_B

I fly.

Jill. AWESOME shirt in that pic!!!
            That old thing? Smile Thanks! I actually remember getting questioned about it before that race started.

Bring it on.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Questioned? Like, by the cops?

A Saucy Wench

Ennay, you have the same first AND last name with a gazillion peeps?
                Linked in, which I am NOT a member of has at least 20 first and last and about another 30 with the spelling Ann. And yet no one ever asks me for my middle name and it is unusual in the US at least.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Jill_B

I fly.

Questioned? Like, by the cops?
                  Like the cops, but mostly other runners who were curious about the shirt and the race that it's from.

Bring it on.

Giant Flaming Dork

There are 3 other women with my name out there. One of them is my age and lives in California. She friended me on facebook. One of them lives in Michigan and my parents met her. The other is a minister. I forget where she lives. Getting back to the thread at hand...
                    What is the dude behind you wearing? Bib #1667... He's also got a bib that says "Half marathon"? WTF?

http://xkcd.com/621/

Giant Flaming Dork

Oh yeah... My finish face. I always wear red on race day. And I don't know why, but I always feel a little blurry at the finish.

http://xkcd.com/621/

Jill_B

I fly.

What is the dude behind you wearing? Bib #1667... He's also got a bib that says "Half marathon"? WTF?
                        I think it says relay marathon. There was a half, a full and a relay.

Bring it on.

Why the whited out Bib #? Witness Protecion Program to protect identity Cool
                          Milk, Sorry to originally draw intention to the whited out bib #. Was not my intention to cause the thread to go off track nor start a identity theft / personal privacy, etc discussion.

"It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it Great!

She giggled when she saw my maiden name and told me that her DD shared my maiden name).
                            Off Topic but ...Just curious. What does the first D in DD stand for. figured second is daughter, but have noticed DH (husband) and DW (Wife) before and I had thought "Divorced"?? That first 'D' is bugging me.

"It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it Great!

xor

I think it says relay marathon. There was a half, a full and a relay.
                              Yes, and most likely, he was supposed to wear that RELAY bib on his back. Marathons with relays sometimes do this so that people running the full don't try to keep up with someone who just zoomed by, but zoomed by 'cause he/she is a relayer and probably just started running.

Yes, and most likely, he was supposed to wear that RELAY bib on his back. Marathons with relays sometimes do this so that people running the full don't try to keep up with someone who just zoomed by, but zoomed by 'cause he/she is a relayer and probably just started running.
                                Thats exactly why I do not like Relays in Marathons (concept i guess as i only have run 1), but that is a deciding factor would looking at potential marathons. How do others feel about relays? I understand race organizers want to get more runners and could to include everyone, but like at Clev Marathon they had a 5K (day before) and 10K and 1/2 marathon, marathon. I just think if you can only run 3 0r 5 or 7 miles should not be on a marathon course. Do they tell people they ran a marathon? A half / Full mix i can buy but not the relay for some reason. Akron Marathon has a large percentage of relayers and may be why i may not run it. I ran a Half in April with a relay?? if you want to run 6.55 miles why not run a 10K? Maybe its just me.