what is your finish face look like (Read 6502 times)

Off Topic but ...Just curious. What does the first D in DD stand for. figured second is daughter, but have noticed DH (husband) and DW (Wife) before and I had thought "Divorced"?? That first 'D' is bugging me.
    dear, i think. ie, dear daughter. or darling.
    xor

dear, i think. ie, dear daughter. or darling.
      yup. Or for the womens who are mad at their DHs (not the designated hitter kind), 'dickhead'.

Arrogant Bastard....Ale

Oh yeah... My finish face. I always wear red on race day. And I don't know why, but I always feel a little blurry at the finish.
        Tiger?

an amazing likeness

Milk....Was not my intention to cause the thread to go off track nor start a identity theft / personal privacy, etc discussion.
          No worries...

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Giant Flaming Dork

Tiger?
            Oh yeah... Eldrick and I go way back. Of course, those in the know call him "El" I've been wearing red on game day well before Tiger. As a matter of fact, he got it from me.

http://xkcd.com/621/

Jazz hands!

Thats exactly why I do not like Relays in Marathons (concept i guess as i only have run 1), but that is a deciding factor would looking at potential marathons. How do others feel about relays? I understand race organizers want to get more runners and could to include everyone, but like at Clev Marathon they had a 5K (day before) and 10K and 1/2 marathon, marathon. I just think if you can only run 3 0r 5 or 7 miles should not be on a marathon course. Do they tell people they ran a marathon? A half / Full mix i can buy but not the relay for some reason. Akron Marathon has a large percentage of relayers and may be why i may not run it. I ran a Half in April with a relay?? if you want to run 6.55 miles why not run a 10K? Maybe its just me.
              Haha, I've actually been kind of looking for a marathon relay. I think it sounds fun to get a group of people together, put in a team effort, participate in the day and be impressed at all the real marathoners. (It's also the only way I'm going to be participating in a marathon, so...)
              run run run AHHHHHH run run run
                Haha, I've actually been kind of looking for a marathon relay. I think it sounds fun to get a group of people together, put in a team effort, participate in the day and be impressed at all the real marathoners. (It's also the only way I'm going to be participating in a marathon, so...)
                Do not want to sound too snobbish (Now that i am a Big Marathoner Big grin), but I felt that way before. I get the whole team thing and in a track meet, the relay is really the only team event. But you do not see a heat were 6 lanes -- 1 guy is running the 1600 and in the last 2 lanes we have 2 teams running the 4 x 4 relay at the same time. That would look a little funny don't you think. in my last half marathon they had a relay and the only guy that past me last 4 - 5 miles was a relayer and only reason I knew that is I saw him with red bib at one of the turn arounds at around 8 mi(was a young athletic guy and figured he would blow by me soon) and the did finally get by me at around mile 10 at a pretty good clip, but he was running mile 3 of 6.5 instead of 10 of 13.1 (not really a fair comparison while racing). If I did not notice him and/or have my garmin for pace I would have thought I had slowed considerably to have someone pass me that easily. Now I am going to run a 5k next Sunday which goes off at the same time as a half marathon (Not up for it 14 days after marathon) and I guess I will be taking advantage when I am hopefully hanging near front of pack of half marathoners for 1.5 miles before we loop back. and i am sure will be 5kers faster than me charging out and may be difficult for halfers to know whom they should be keeping up with??

"It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it Great!

Mitch & Pete's Mom

Do not want to sound too snobbish (Now that i am a Big Marathoner Big grin), but I felt that way before. I get the whole team thing and in a track meet, the relay is really the only team event. But you do not see a heat were 6 lanes -- 1 guy is running the 1600 and in the last 2 lanes we have 2 teams running the 4 x 4 relay at the same time. That would look a little funny don't you think. in my last half marathon they had a relay and the only guy that past me last 4 - 5 miles was a relayer and only reason I knew that is I saw him with red bib at one of the turn arounds at around 8 mi(was a young athletic guy and figured he would blow by me soon) and the did finally get by me at around mile 10 at a pretty good clip, but he was running mile 3 of 6.5 instead of 10 of 13.1 (not really a fair comparison while racing). If I did not notice him and/or have my garmin for pace I would have thought I had slowed considerably to have someone pass me that easily. Now I am going to run a 5k next Sunday which goes off at the same time as a half marathon (Not up for it 14 days after marathon) and I guess I will be taking advantage when I am hopefully hanging near front of pack of half marathoners for 1.5 miles before we loop back. and i am sure will be 5kers faster than me charging out and may be difficult for halfers to know whom they should be keeping up with??
                  Slight hijack here. Sorry.I get where you are coming from with the relay. RnR is incorporating a relay this year and I'm a little nervous that I may shout a few nasty words to the relayers if they get in my way during their hand off. Question for those of you in the know about the relay thing. Where do they usually do the hand offs? Someone told me they are close to the aid stations. I predicting a full cluster. I don't like clusters, unless it's chocolate and nuts. Oh, my race face, I usually finish with a half smile that makes me look like I should be institutionalized.
                  Carlsbad 1/2 marathon 1/26.

A Saucy Wench

Aimster - it depends on how well organized they are. I did the Columbus Marathon relay a few years ago and they had chip timing on the relay exchanges so at points they had a coned off corridor way to the right and the relayers just exited. There was no way a regular marathoner could get caught up in it unless they tried to use the portapots that were there

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Does anyone know if I also can upload a video clip?

Mitch & Pete's Mom

Aimster - it depends on how well organized they are. I did the Columbus Marathon relay a few years ago and they had chip timing on the relay exchanges so at points they had a coned off corridor way to the right and the relayers just exited. There was no way a regular marathoner could get caught up in it unless they tried to use the portapots that were there
                        Thanks for the info. I can handle that. Porta pots huh? hmm. Maybe I'll have to be nice to the relayers to use their potties
                        Carlsbad 1/2 marathon 1/26.

Why is it sideways?

WHAT IS YOUR FINISH FACE LOOK LIKE!

The shirtless wonder

Does anyone know if I also can upload a video clip?
                            No, you can't upload one to running ahead but you could link to one.
                              WHAT IS YOUR FINISH FACE LOOK LIKE!
                              Wow ... mine looks blank just like yours. LETS KEEP ON TASK PEOPLE Angry

"It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it Great!

Why is it sideways?

I KNOW! MTA: I also believe that the hard is what makes it great.