what is your finish face look like (Read 6502 times)

xor

1. Video stuff. Upload it to either youtube or tinypic and then link it here. 2. Relays. Most are reasonably well organized, like what Ennay encountered in Columbus. The hand-offs won't be a place where they get in your way. HOWEVER... if you need to go potty, skip the portapotties at the relay handoffs. There will be a longer line of folks who aren't "on the clock" like you are. The really good races specifically put relay handoffs in a different spot than the regular aid stations. Dunno how rnr will do this. Which rnr race are you doing, Aimster? 3. The gritting teeth/gork out combo is an awesome shot. HA. I tend to finish hard.

you know, someone's got to connect the underlying dots here, and srlopez has just touched the envelope with "I tend to finish hard." As for my finish face, you'd have to ask my wife. Wink
      xor

you know, someone's got to connect the underlying dots here, and srlopez has just touched the envelope with "I tend to finish hard." As for my finish face, you'd have to ask my wife. Wink
        Nah, the 'o-face' bit got pulled out very early in the thread. I don't get credit for this. I am a hard, hard man. But I didn't pull it out.

Oh. Or rather, O.
          xor

A Saucy Wench

This is my best finishing photo. I have the look of gritting my teeth through pain and determination. (I was still getting over the stomach flu.) The other guy looks like he is having a stroke.
            I think this may be the funniest thing I have ever seen on the internet. I literally giggled for 3 minutes. Of course I had very little sleep last night so I am a TOUCH loopy.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

DirtyGraceFlint

The Crap Whisperer

This is my best finishing photo. I have the look of gritting my teeth through pain and determination. (I was still getting over the stomach flu.) The other guy looks like he is having a stroke.
              Holy Crap that is funny!

Being the best tiny spec that I can be!

Mitch & Pete's Mom

Which rnr race are you doing, Aimster?.
                San Diego. Are you still coming down for it?
                I tend to finish hard.
                Shhh, don't let Zoom hear you say that right now. Apparently shs's in some sort of Vodka-ildeled Taper.
                Carlsbad 1/2 marathon 1/26.

A Saucy Wench

I tend to finish hard.
                  Remind me to not hug you immediately after PDX

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

xor

Yes, unless TSA doesn't let me through, I am coming for SD. I'll be there Saturday morning (edited: by that I do not mean 3 days from now; race weekend). Very exciting, even though the rnr races aren't really my thing. But warm weather is.

xor

Remind me to not hug you immediately after PDX
                      Say hello to my little friend.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Shhh, don't let Zoom hear you say that right now. Apparently shs's in some sort of Vodka-ildeled Taper.
                        Nah, now I'm just thirsty and tired... Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Imminent Catastrophe

Yes, unless TSA doesn't let me through...
                          Hey, I know a guy...

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Was this a half marathon?
                            No, it's her finishing a marathon in 1:50 -- and look how good she looks doing it!

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Jill_B

I fly.

No, it's her finishing a marathon in 1:50 -- and look how good she looks doing it!
                              I'm super fast.

Bring it on.