Well..... (Read 738 times)

I think that I might have screwed myself....let me explain After working all night we decided to do some PT. For PT we did a little grappling. I had the guy that I was grappling with in a choke hold and he rolled over and at the same time so did my ankle (with audible pop). It didn't feel like the "typical" ankle sprain and now I am having some pain about 1 1/2 inch about the outer mallelous. I don't think that it is broken because I was able to put pressure and stand on it right after it happened. I am not sure but I am thinking that it is a high ankle sprain. I thought about going to medical but I am due to go on leave on Monday. I know not too intelligent but I think that I am going to sleep on it for a few hours and see how everything is. If the pain is tolerable then I will just stick with the normal RICE. No for the screwing of myself.....I was due to get back into my half training on Monday and I am pretty sure that is not going to happen. I think that I will be ok if my time off is only one week but I am worried that this might continue into weeks and then I am not sure that I will be able to complete my training. Just had to vent about my stupidity. Thanks for reading Jeremy
    2009 Goals...:
    -run more miles than 2008

-build base to train for 2010 Rome Marathon
      Ok well after conducting my own research I am almost 100% sure that it is high ankle sprain and I am hoping that I am only out for a week.....good thing is that I am going to Maryland to visit the in-laws (yeah Black eye) and they have one of those endless pools so I am going to be able to keep up my cardio somewhat.
      2009 Goals...:

Ok well after conducting my own research I am almost 100% sure that it is high ankle sprain and I am hoping that I am only out for a week.....good thing is that I am going to Maryland to visit the in-laws (yeah Black eye) and they have one of those endless pools so I am going to be able to keep up my cardio somewhat.
        From what I've heard a high ankle sprain can be worse than a broken ankle. Star hockey player Sidney Crosby, who plays for Pittsburgh, was out for 3 months with a high ankle sprain as was there Goaltender Marc Andre Fleury. MTA- Link http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=3203602

"The drops of rain make a hole in the stone, not by violence, but by oft falling." - Lucretius

Yikes! Bad timing with the sprain...that is lucky about the endless pool. Hope the week off takes care of most it for you.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
          Thyroid Support Group

Darla1

Navy Jeremy - sorry to hear about your ankle. Hope your feeling better soon. Injuries are really a drag! Just had to ask, are you serving in the Navy? My son Nate is in A school in GL right now. His rate is DC and he is really enjoying his Navy experience. I just wanted to thank you for serving! Proud Navy Mom Darla
              And the hits just keep on coming.....been feeling nasty yesterday and today ie fever 101-104, headache, extremely sore throat. Well I finally convinced myself to go to the ER and well tests confirmed that I have strep....So the Doc comes in and asks if I want to feel better quick or slower....Well I knew that meant shot or pills, seeing as how we are supposed to fly to MD tomorrow I decided for the shot(s), so the nurse comes in and tells me that she is going to be giving me Bicillin and Solumedrol well I have had the Bicillin before and I know that it is a painful shot, well the give the shots and the solumedrol is still bothering me 2 1/2 hours later. Also got prescribed Prednisone and Lortab for the pain. I am glad that all this is happening when I can't run sorry about the ramblinging lortab is starting to kick in. Hope that ya'll have a good week. Jeremy
              2009 Goals...:

redleaf

Sorry about the strep. I've had it before (no options for treatment - just pills and bed) and man it was not fun at all. Missed a week of work although the drugs were kinda fun! get well

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

I think the High Ankle Sprian is what sidelines all the Football Players.... I think you should go have this one checked out.....just to make sure....

Champions are made when no one is watching

Chris UK

.....and it is not unknown for people to have a broken bone and not realise it. Some 2 years ago I took my daughter to casualty for a check up after she had fallen off a trampoline. As an after thought I asked them to check my shoulder that had been a bit painful for over a week after I'd had a fall. Turns out my daughter was OK but I had a broken collar bone!

3000 miles

Sub 19:00 for 5K  05-03-13 Clee Prom 5K - 19:00:66 that was bloody close!

Sub-40:00 for 10K 17-03-13 Gainsborough 10K - 39:43

Sub 88:00 for HM