anniversary (Read 208 times)

Maggie & Molly

I most likely posted this last year but it is my NON smoking anniversary and that makes me happy.  Thirteen years, today, since I last smoked.  Best thing I have ever EVER done for myself.!!

"It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop."
    Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

I most likely posted this last year but it is my NON smoking anniversary and that makes me happy.  Thirteen years, today, since I last smoked.  Best thing I have ever EVER done for myself.!!

Congratulations, Cherrie!

steph  

Yay Cherrie!!!!  I always celebrate my NON smoking anniversary too! It is definitely something to celebrate! Congrats!

Ojo

Way to go Cherrie!

Funny that you posted this -- I was just thinking on my run this morning that I haven't had a cigarette in 15 years!

Sara

MM #2929

Don't call me Buttercup!

Congrats! I celebrated 7 years this past November.  It's a great feeling!

Slow and steady wins the....  wait a second! I've been lied to! 

Maggie & Molly

thanks all.

Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

That's awesome, Cherrie.  I'm not even to my "second anniversay" yet, myself, but I hope to get there Smile.

I don't know if I ever would have quit if I didn't find running.

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
                Emil Zatopek

Maggie & Molly

That's awesome, Cherrie.  I'm not even to my "second anniversay" yet, myself, but I hope to get there Smile.

I don't know if I ever would have quit if I didn't find running.

I found running about a year after I quit smoking (I had found food instead Roll eyes)  have never looked back!!  congrats on your soon to be second anniversary!

Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

DirtyGraceFlint

The Crap Whisperer

What an awesome accomplishment Smile

Being the best tiny spec that I can be!

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

Outstanding, congrats!

Side note: I do not understand why, in this day and age, with all we know about it, people evidently still choose to start smoking.  Is the debatable advantage of "looking cool" really an overriding factor against the clear link to disease, terrible smell, high cost, and addictiveness?

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

Outstanding, congrats!

Side note: I do not understand why, in this day and age, with all we know about it, people evidently still choose to start smoking.  Is the debatable advantage of "looking cool" really an overriding factor against the clear link to disease, terrible smell, high cost, and addictiveness?

Start? Don't know why anyone would. Start again? Could happen to me any minute. I'm actually thinking about it right now. I won't. But I am one of the only runners I know that runs around the canal downtown and actually slows down where all the smokers gather outside so I can take in a deep breath! I haven't smoked in almost 9 years...but not a day goes by that I don't think about it!

Sincere congratulations to you "quitters".  It is truly the best thing you can do for your health.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Maggie & Molly

I think most 'start' smoking when they are young teens or young adults before they realize that they are no invincible.  Sad

Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

I think most 'start' smoking when they are young teens or young adults before they realize that they are no invincible.  Sad

So true.

steph  

Mostly harmless

Congratulations Cherrie!

I wish I knew.  My 20 year old daughter started smoking a couple years ago. She used to run cross country in high school, now she can't run to the end of the street and back.

I had my last smoke on May 13th, 1991. I was a two pack a day guy before that.

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi