Consistent Cramp Below and Under Right Ribcage (Read 692 times)

I've been having this cramp/pain that seems to appear pretty frequently. It is somewhat painful, but does not prevent me from running either far or hard. It just sits in that same spot, sometimes from the beginning of a run, sometimes after I've been going for a bit. I should add that my nutrition and hydration have been subpar, and that could be related. I've lost quite a bit of weight over the last 6-8 weeks (10 lbs). any thoughts?
      I've been having this cramp/pain that seems to appear pretty frequently. It is somewhat painful, but does not prevent me from running either far or hard. It just sits in that same spot, sometimes from the beginning of a run, sometimes after I've been going for a bit. I should add that my nutrition and hydration have been subpar, and that could be related. I've lost quite a bit of weight over the last 6-8 weeks (10 lbs). any thoughts?
      Well there ya go. I'd suggest drinking more water and fluids throughout the day. They also say bananas are good because they have potassium which stops cramps, i've read this from several sources.
      2008 Goals Mile- Sub 4:50 2Mile- Sub 10:15 5k- Sub 16:50 5 Mile- Sub 27:00
      Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Is this a side stich? Confused
          I don't think I'd call it a side stitch. It is in the front and always in the same place. It could be the nutrition/hydration, but I notice it even on days when I'm well hydrated.
            I get the stitch in the same spot you describe and I now believe it appears when I've not drank enough or when I've had too much. 1) Learn to belly-breath 2) Stop and stretch your body, back and to the side, and massage the spot also. 3) Core strengthening.

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

I read this somewhere recently and tried it with success. Take a deep breath, and slowly let it all out through your mouth. Run holding your breath for a second or two. This worked for me, not guaranteeing anything! Big grin

50 halfs by age 50

Any heartburn or reflux? Do you have the pain at other times unrelated to running? Any breathing problems? Gallbladder and liver live in that area. Ever had gallstones?

*Mel* //  "A lot of people run a race to see who's the fastest. I run to see who has the most guts." - Steve Prefontaine

Any heartburn or reflux? Do you have the pain at other times unrelated to running? Any breathing problems? Gallbladder and liver live in that area. Ever had gallstones?
                  Occasionally heartburn, but not recently. Never had gallstones. No breathing problems. I'd buy the liver thing, though. Maybe I should see a doc.