Something interesting for the sickos (Read 452 times)

Princess Cancer Pants

news article I'm on 180mg Allegra year 'round, so I haven't had any issues. I have to wonder if a lot of the "colds" that have been so extra rampant this year might actually be allergies. I know before I went on year 'round allergy meds that I used to frequently get bad sinus infections from allergies even in the Winter months. k

'17 Goals:

• Chemo

• Chemo-Radiation

• Surgery

• Return to kicking my own ass by 2018

She was not strong. She was valiant. Radiant. Brave and broken. The beauty she discovered in the aftermath was unparalleled to anything she had known before, because it had come at such a cost.

~ Unknown

I probably should be on Allegra year round! Funny you should post this today because i was just thinking maybe I should be back on the things again as I'm walking around here constantly clearing my throat...and then on my run today! My dr. told me take what i needed up to 180 and that 180 was quite a bit, especially for someone my size. How have you been doing with it? I usually get an annoying faster heart rate if I take over 90 mg, but I have to think hard sometimes cuz those darned allergies are a bugger, you know? Even today I was thinking my running would probably benefit if I started taking them more. But then, I don't even like taking an aspirin when I don't have to! Tongue

Princess Cancer Pants

Allegra has been a godsend for me. I haven't had a sinus infection in over a year and for a while I was on antibiotics for them at least 2-3x/year. I was on Nasacort AQ for a year or so, but it was still $30-40/month, even with insurance. The Allegra is $5. I almost think it works better, too. I actually have a follow-up with Dr. Schaub (my PCP--great guy and quite athletic, himself) on Tues., as he wanted to see how I'm doing on it after 6 months and do my cholesterol. k

'17 Goals:

• Chemo

• Chemo-Radiation

• Surgery

• Return to kicking my own ass by 2018

She was not strong. She was valiant. Radiant. Brave and broken. The beauty she discovered in the aftermath was unparalleled to anything she had known before, because it had come at such a cost.

~ Unknown