Grand Rapids Full Marathon Training Group? (Read 1723 times)

Think Whirled Peas

I know zoom-zoom is running it, and she's effectively harassed me into running it too Big grin. So I was wondering if there happened to be anyone else (rvelich, mayhap?) that maybe we could start a training group on RA to help keep tabs on each other. Whaddya think?

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'm game! Muse is planning on it, too, as well as backroadrunner. Hey, and I saw in Runner's World that it's on the 19th of Oct., I thought it would be a week later, since it is usually the last Sun. of Oct. I'm bummed...my mom has a 4 day weekend the last weekend of Oct. and thought they would come watch, but probably not, now... Sad k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Another Passion

Possibly. I'm doing a full in April so, I'll see how that goes. I would certainly be inclined to do the half, if not the full GR. Thanks for thinking of me Mike.

Rick
        "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
        "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
        runningforcassy.blogspot.com

I'm in. I"ll be doing Detroit next year, but I'll run the GR half I would imagine.
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'm in. I"ll be doing Detroit next year, but I'll run the GR half I would imagine.
            I hope they are not the same day. Runner's World is showing the two races on the same day, but I wonder if it was a misprint. If not I think that's a major shame. k

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Shoot...I just checked the site--looks like they are the same day. I wonder why they moved it up a week...that sucks. One less week of cool weather training and now less than a month after my favorite HM. I had hoped to have 5 weeks between the races, like I did this year. Now it's 4. Sad

~ Sarah Kay

Well thats a bummer. That it strange that they moved it, and to the same date as Det. even. Oh well, we should still start a training group. And by 'we', I mean, someone less lazy than me. Wink
                  Hmmm, now you've got me thinking about it.
                  zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Well thats a bummer. That it strange that they moved it, and to the same date as Det. even. Oh well, we should still start a training group. And by 'we', I mean, someone less lazy than me. Wink
                    Does this mean I'm less lazy than someone...? Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

Yes, that would be a good indication. Smile
                      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'm just sayin'...if you are more lazy than I...wow. Shocked Wink

~ Sarah Kay

Lazy idiot

Now you'll have an extra week between GR and the Monkey, k. Evil grin

Tick tock

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Now you'll have an extra week between GR and the Monkey, k. Evil grin
                            *kick*

~ Sarah Kay

Team HTFU NCTR Driver

Shoot...I just checked the site--looks like they are the same day. I wonder why they moved it up a week...that sucks. One less week of cool weather training and now less than a month after my favorite HM. I had hoped to have 5 weeks between the races, like I did this year. Now it's 4. Sad
                              They moved it up a week????? Uh oh. Uh oh. did

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Oh, crap...that's JDRF ride weekend, isn't it! Shocked Which location?

~ Sarah Kay