Anyone ever had a marathon result not posted by timers? (Read 595 times)

Runner

I was coming in right at the cut off for my boston marathon time of 3:10(the gun time said 3:11:02-3 when I crossed the mat but my garmin had already stopped as i had a workout entered at 3:09:39 so I was confident I came in on my chip time fast enough to BQ. One problem. Race results posted w/ out me on them. Now I'm worried all my hard work/ kiling myself in my first Marathon will not produce the result I dreamed of and felt I accomplished. I e-mailed the race timers and am waiting to hear back from them. Race report was that it was windy/ kind of cold at the start and a lot of fun. I didn't slow down at all until mile 25 and 26 I slowed from 7:11 pace to a 7:38 and 7:40. I was okay though b/c in the first half I had 5 miles at under 7 min. (not all the first ones as I just went out w/ my pace group and the leaders knew where it was easy to make up some time by taking advantage of the wind conditions so we could equal it out later in the windy course. I had fun and can't wait to do another. I felt like garbage right after however, and threw up immediately when I tried do eat a pretzle and drink some water(a little too fast I guess) but I found that a bottle of coke did me wonders in getting me back to normal and I'm not that sore or tired at all. Just two small blisters on toes and I'm good.

2010 Races: Snicker's Marathon(2:58:38), Scenic City Trail Marathon(3:26:36), Laurel Highlands Ultra 77(19:13:44), Ironman Louisville(13:07:07) 2011 Races: Mount Cheaha 50k 5:22:47, Tobacco Road Marathon, Mohican 100 Miler

Did you remember to wear your chip? Was it still there when you finished the race? Contact the race directors and they might be able to help you out. And as for others in the same boat, try thousands of people that ran Honolulu last year.

Run to Win
      25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Runner

Did you remember to wear your chip? Was it still there when you finished the race? Contact the race directors and they might be able to help you out. And as for others in the same boat, try thousands of people that ran Honolulu last year.
        I wore my chip and even heard it on the course because several times there was a small gap between me and others so I would hear it pick up(including at the finish). I'm going to e-mail the director of the race too as you suggested since so far I only contacted the timing company used.

2010 Races: Snicker's Marathon(2:58:38), Scenic City Trail Marathon(3:26:36), Laurel Highlands Ultra 77(19:13:44), Ironman Louisville(13:07:07) 2011 Races: Mount Cheaha 50k 5:22:47, Tobacco Road Marathon, Mohican 100 Miler

It happened to me at last year's Hartford Marathon. Due to some kind of human error my result was removed, along with a few others. It took a week or so, but they eventually sorted it out. I was pretty pissed for a while there though. I hope it gets sorted out quickly for you--that is about as frustrating as it gets. And congrats on your marathon. Nicely done.

Runners run

Runner

Thanks, and to Run To Win thanks for your article on how to drink on the run. I loved feeling like a pro doing this and watching others drown on their liquids.

Runner

Now the results have been updated and they have my half split time, my 18 mile split time but do not have my mile 6 or finishing time. At mile 18 I was at a 7:14 average pace and I didn't drop that much(actually I went a little faster up until mile 24 when I slowed down a tad then kicked the last mile). so I'm becoming more confident about my thoughts that I did come in under 3:11 since I was backed off the start a pretty good bit(I was at the back of the 3:10 pace group which was quite large actually beside the guy holding the 3:20 pace group sign. (I was thinking I should stay there to take off a little slower and not get in the way of the 3:10ers who would jump the gun so to speak.) Problem is now that I'm becoming more confident I'm more paranoid! Am I losing it?

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

HAVE YOU CHECKED YOU FINISH LINE PHOTO. YOU SHOULD BE IN THE PICTURE WITH OTHER PEOPLE WITH VERIFIABLE TIMES

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Thanks, and to Run To Win thanks for your article on how to drink on the run. I loved feeling like a pro doing this and watching others drown on their liquids.
                  Your welcome! I'm glad that it helped.

Run to Win
                  25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Bugs

Wow, bet they get it sorted out, hopefully soon!

Bugs

Runner

Did I mention they used ankle chips like at Tri's. I thought this was kind of strange but how many races use them instead of the shoe pod one I think works better?

Is that you at 108th across the line? 1:34:41 7:14 2:09:59 7:14 3:10:45 7:17 3:10:57 It's not 3:11, so it's a 3:10 BQ!!!!!! Way to go!

E.J.
                        Greater Lowell Road Runners
                        Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

milkbaby

Like runnerclay said, if you still haven't popped up on the results, the RD can check the race photography to figure out when you finished. I ran a race with one of those ankle things and while I didn't have any problem with my time, I had some friends who said they didn't show up on the results initially as well. Hopefully a combination of the race photos and whatever they used as backup info can get your time in the results! Congrats on a nice race!
                          "You must be the change you wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi "I have need to be all on fire, for I have mountains of ice about me to melt." -- William Lloyd Garrison "The marathon is an art; the marathoner is an artist." -- Kiyoshi Nakamura

Runner

That IS me! Since it was so close you can see my paranoid state, but now I just did some crazy kinds of Celebrations...

That IS me! Since it was so close you can see my paranoid state, but now I just did some crazy kinds of Celebrations...
                              Very glad to hear, needless to say your celebration is well deserved!

E.J.
                              Greater Lowell Road Runners
                              Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Glad it worked out for you - sometimes it will take a day or two for things to show correctly in the results. And congrats on your BQ! First time I BQ'ed was at a wee little race (no chips) on a cold day. I had a shirt on over my race # and they told me to call out my number as I finished..."94! I'm going to Boston! Woohoo!!!" I went through the finishing area and walked to my car, got a drink, and started to change out of my wet clothes when I noticed my number was 49! i staggered back as quickly as I could. By this time the runners were streaming through as I tapped on the guy's shoulder who was writing everyone's # down. They got it sorted out for me, but for a minute there I was certain I had qualified someone else for Boston!!