New Year's Goals (Read 732 times)

Hey Runners, I thought it'd be fun to share our running goals for 2007 ... whether it's to run a certain race, reach a particular mileage, qualify for Boston, hit times, number of days running, etc. So, what will 2007 bring for you, running wise? Smile
    2009: BQ?
      Hey Trishie, Dan from CK (wish you were still there). Anyway my 2007 goals are to run 1000 miles or more. I want to do a 1/2 Marathon at some point and be training for a full Marathon. I have this crazy goal of running everyday (even if just one mile on my rest days) not sure if that is doable or not. But get in some more 5K's and 10K's as well. And to continue to lose weight. Dan

Now that was a bath...

Good question! 1000+ miles definitely. Sub 25 minute 5K. Train for and run a marathon. Run the Waiheke hill race even if I can't do it in January on race day. Lose 9lbs. Claire xxx
      • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
      • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.

Slow-smooth-fast

sub 45 minute 10K, a lot of workm ahead I think. My goals will always be modified as I progress.

"I've been following Eddy's improvement over the last two years on this site, and it's been pretty dang solid. Sure the weekly mileage has been up and down, but over the long haul he's getting out the door and has turned himself into quite a runner. He's only now just figuring out his potential. Consistency in running is measured in years, not weeks. And over the last couple of years, Eddy's made great strides" Jeff 14 Jan 2009

1000 and maybe 1500 miles marathon include more trail runs Ewa
            I would rather wear out than rust out. - Helen Klein You create your own universe as you go along. - Winston Churchill
              1. Have fun 2. Stay injury free 3. Lose 15 lbs 4. Get faster, go further 5. Run 2 Half Marathons (‘Chilly Half’, ‘Mississauga Half’) 6. Run ‘Around The Bay’ race (30K) 7. Run a marathon (‘Scotiabank Waterfront Marathon’ or ‘Marine Corps Marathon’) 8. * Run 1,000 miles: 1,609.4 Km: 19.2 miles/week (avg.)
              Scout7

Complete the Philly Tri (Olympic distance). Run at least 2 marathons. If I can pull it off, I'd LOVE to BQ......Time will tell on that one. Time permitting, I'd like to get in an ultra. I have a few that I'm looking at....
                mikeymike

Speicific racing goals will have to be negotiated with my better half but in general I'd like to keep training consistently and keep moving in the direction of where I was in '04. I'll try to put in 2,500 miles in '07 and see where that gets me.

Runners run

Will be making 3 big attempts this year: 1. First marathon - 18 Feb 2. Two Oceans Ultra Marathon 56km - 7 April 3 - Comrades 89km - 17 June A bit ambitious, I know, but I'm up to the challenge.

Marathon runners suffer the agony of da feet

07 Goals 1000 Miles Run a 1/2 Marathon Run a 7:30 pace 5k during run portion of sprint triathlon
                        2007 Goals 1. Run 1,000 miles 2. Lose 10 pounds 3. Run a 5K in the spring for a PR 4. Run a 10K in the summer 5. Run a HM in the fall Mostly is to move, move, move to stay in shape and run my little heart out!

"Nothing's better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you." Aaron Douglas Trimble

lose 30 more lbs 1000 miles more stretching,core work,& strength training more racing, including more trail runs & possibly another crack at the marathon try to get my wife & daughter to start running

Finished!

-Continue to have fun -Run my first HM this Feb -Finish my 2006/07 outdoor "season" with a 10mi race in March -lose 30 lbs -hit 1000km by sticking with training once I'm forced indoors (I think for once, I'm wishing I had a gym with a track inside!)
                            Walk + Jog = wog.
                            I'm trying to Lose 5% at a time
                            I support Heifer International - join me by donating via my registry
                              Awesome goals (and hi Dan!) my time goals: 5 K: 22:47 5 m: 39:15 10K: 49:00 10 m: 1:22:00 half marathon: 1:47:56 marathon: 3:57:00 have fun run lots of races run more long runs with my training group try to get my husband to run a 5K do a 10K with my mom
                              2009: BQ?
                              Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

I'm planning to run less next year Big grin My body's too beat up and I need to cut back my running a little to recover. Maybe train for shorter races. It would be nice to break 20:00 in a 5k. Other than that, just enjoy running.