Training plans - Export to iCal (Read 2103 times)

First of all I am happy with the ability to be able to put my training plans in here.

It would be nice though to be able to export to iCal or have an iCal link that i can open in my ofline calendars so I get reminders before I go run as to what I am supposed to do that day.

Another nice to have would be to be able to get an optional reminder e-mail that will let me know a day ahead what my plan is for the next day.

Kind regards and keep up the good work.

Coen

Eric,

With the many feature requests you receive, I was curious if the export to iCal was close to making the short list?  (Original discussion here.)

The training plans have been a great addition to RA and have helped keep me motivated and on track with my running this fall...but I still suffer from severe laziness when it comes to keeping my personal calendar updated. Joking

I appreciate all the support you give us with your site.

I just came here to research and inquire about this. Thanks for all you do Eric and I would definitely use this. 

Creator of RunForth@robraux | shodless.com

+1 for iCal support.  Mostly so I can integrate my RA training calendar on my phone along with every other calendar I have to review

Also would be useful to import from iCal as well.  I currently use http://www.yourtrainingcalendar.com/ to generate my training calendars and view them in Google Calendar.  I'd like to be able to do the same in RunningAhead.

eric :)

I'll see if I can squeeze this one in between large projects.

Non ducor, duco.

Sweet. I love you Eric! 

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

+1 for the the feature request

+10 for a response from the developer about where it might be in the queue!  Thanks, Eric.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

Hugo Palma

This would be awesome.

+1 for ical export.

Hugo Palma

This would be awesome.

+1 for ical export.

Are you a Heartosaurus?

At this current moment in Online Training Logs/Software; This is an Essential Component.

Eric, you should be proud......this is the best online training tracker out there. I am in the online space, and I can assure you that if you keep up your track record you will be rich if you aren't already. You have a GREAT tool in a niche that has a tremendous amount of volume. I spent the past week talking to many athletes and coaches about what is the best online training tracker/tool, as well as consulting many websites and blogs. There were many sites mentioned, but the top two that were repeatedly referred to were Training Peaks, and RunningAhead. I'm here to tell you that after extensive research YOU WIN hands down. There are only a couple things they do better, and having the ability to synchronize your training plan/calendar with Google Calendars is one, followed by the ability to have a daily email sent out with your workout for the day. How quickly can you make this happen? I'm choosing RunningAhead, because your site is MUCH cleaner, easier to use, there is more interaction among the members, and you seem to be ON POINT with attending to inquiries and showing genuine interest in improving the product. I would however like to see this feature added asap because it's essential. Also, Training Peaks has a feature where you can BUY plans from Expert coaches. This is something you need to implement at some point (if you haven't already). The coaches will bring you more members, more credibility, etc... Is there currently an ability to browse plans that other users/coaches have posted? For example are there any pre-set marathon plans to browse and potentially select and make my plan?

Anyway Eric, Keep up the good work. I would love to see you add the calendar sync with Google feature and daily email ASAP. In return I and your loyal followers will continue to spread the word, post reviews on our blogs and facebook, and do whatever we can to help you take the market share in this arena.

(p.s.......here's a more trivial request...........ability to preview post before posting Smile

Great job, Great site!!

Write back!

bjc

Heartosaurusnoun [heart-o-sau-rus] 1. An inspiring online reference for open heart surgery patients. 2. A heart patient with an inextinguishable desire not merely to survive, but to live life to its fullest. 3. A doctor, caregiver, or anyone who makes a profound difference to the cause.

...having the ability to synchronize your training plan/calendar with Google Calendars is one, followed by the ability to have a daily email sent out with your workout for the day.  

Eric, Sync would be great, but iCal export would get the job done in the meantime.  Today, I harness Google's calendar to send me daily updates from my "Running" calendar.  Importing this from an iCal formatted export would nearly eliminate any manual work on my side...leaving me more time to read RA msg boards, errr, actually run. Smile

an amazing likeness

Anyway Eric, Keep up the good work. I would love to see you add the calendar sync with Google feature and daily email ASAP. In return I and your loyal followers will continue to spread the word, post reviews on our blogs and facebook, and do whatever we can to help you take the market share in this arena.

There's something we all can do -- Donate to help fund the site's development.  Options -> Subscription

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

eric :)

Ben,

Thanks for your nice post.  With support from users like you, maybe I can get rich someday Big grin

Everything you mentioned is on my short list of features to add.  I won't provide you with an exact timeline, but at least one of these will be available in a few weeks.  I've made some drastic changes in the code in the last couple of months, which is why I haven't uploaded any major features lately.  A new round of beta testing has started and I expect it to take a couple of weeks.

Another vote for iCal