Greetings fellow runners! (Read 86 times)

Jessalee

I started running a few months back and got hooked, so hooked that my husband is tired of listening to me talk about it. Thought maybe I could find some other people who didn't mind talking about it on the interwebs - so here I am!

I figured out how to upload my runs to the training log, so that's cool. I'm the kind of person who likes tracking things, it's as if this sport were designed for me! 

I'm a 45yo female, and this is the first time in my life I've really been a "runner". I played basketball in high school, and ran a bit in the military, but mostly not. So imagine my surprise that I now find myself like a junkie itching for a fix if I go more than a day without a run! I'll be running in a 5k road race this Saturday to see if I've been running enough to be able to finish it in under 30 minutes. I'm feeling good about my chances, especially because of what happened last weekend.

I ran a 5k trail race, just for the fun of running through the woods. I knew a trail run wasn't going to be the place to finish <30 minutes, but I still wanted to do my best. I finished in 33:52 - not bad for my first try, right? Turns out I finished five minutes before the next closest female, and I won the race!   I know it was just a fluke, probably because all the "real" runners were in the 10-miler that day, but it was still awesome lol!

Anyway, I don't have any particular questions or comments about running. Just wanted to say hello and hang out for a while!

Half Crazy K 2.0

Welcome. If you want to talk running daily, there are some threads on the main forum, but also smaller groups Like Beginners and Beyond and the Women's forum. It's a good way to talk running without annoying your spouse

Jessalee

Good to know - thanks for the info, I'll check them out!

Duncan Jones

No reason provided
          Yeartat

I started running a few months back and got hooked, so hooked that my husband is tired of listening to me talk about it. Thought maybe I could find some other people who didn't mind talking about it on the interwebs - so here I am!

I figured out how to upload my runs to the training log, so that's cool. I'm the kind of person who likes tracking things, it's as if this sport were designed for me! 

I'm a 45yo female, and this is the first time in my life I've really been a "runner". I played basketball in high school, and ran a bit in the military, but mostly not. So imagine my surprise that I now find myself like a junkie itching for a fix if I go more than a day without a run! I'll be running in a 5k road race this Saturday to see if I've been running enough to be able to finish it in under 30 minutes. I'm feeling good about my chances, especially because of what happened last weekend.

I ran a 5k trail race, just for the fun of running through the woods. duck life knew a trail run wasn't going to be the place to finish <30 minutes, but I still wanted to do my best. I finished in 33:52 - not bad for my first try, right? Turns out I finished five minutes before the next closest female, and I won the race!   I know it was just a fluke, probably because all the "real" runners were in the 10-miler that day, but it was still awesome lol!

Anyway, I don't have any particular questions or comments about running. Just wanted to say hello and hang out for a while!

It's great to know that you're having a good time and it's awesome you want to share your experiences and connect with other like-minded people. There are many running communities online, where you can find support, share advice, and exchange experiences with other runners. These communities can be a great source of motivation, and a way to find running partners, if you're interested.