NYC Marathon (Read 658 times)

Imminent Catastrophe

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Very cool Perfesser, thanks for posting it.

E.J.
      Greater Lowell Road Runners
      Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Imminent Catastrophe

I'm a two-time lottery loser. Maybe next year.

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I don't know where they are -- I saw the mens' leaders go by 64rd St (but I don't know if they're going uptown or downtown). Are the men going to catch up to the women? Did all women start at 08:45 or 08:50? Does that mean many men will be catching up to women?

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

A Saucy Wench

I don't know where they are -- I saw the mens' leaders go by 64rd St (but I don't know if they're going uptown or downtown). Are the men going to catch up to the women? Did all women start at 08:45 or 08:50? Does that mean many men will be catching up to women?
            Elite women started at 9:11:14 Men started at 9:43 all other women and men started in their time seeded corral behind the elite men

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Thx Ennay. It'll be a wonder if noone gets clipped by those motorcycles, bikes, and wheelchairs -- and camera crews -- zooming around. The camera crews seem to get awfully close -- for a while I though the one trailing the womens' lead pack was going to clip the back of the pack.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I can only read Paula and Kara's shirts -- who are the other women in the lead pack? The black woman in red top and long socks looks like her shirt says WAM? The men don't seem to have names on their shirts -- except ABDI?

MY legs are killing me just watching these guys. The pace is ridonculous.

E.J.

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Imminent Catastrophe

MY legs are killing me just watching these guys. The pace is ridonculous.
                    1:13/1:10 negative split. Geez Shocked MTA: Yea Kara!

Can't thank you enough for posting the link Perfesser, I had no idea. GREAT stuff, and more to come. MTA: best link evah. Between this and the request for a Sara/Anna update you won some kind of webbie award this weekend.

E.J.

Shocked

E.J.

Flat footer

the highlight show is on NBC right now...
                            Thanks....and I din't even know what happened so this is great

"The drops of rain make a hole in the stone, not by violence, but by oft falling." - Lucretius

Flat footer

Well at least Kara Goucher made it to the podium...
                                Well at least Kara Goucher made it to the podium...
                                Yeah that was great, she doesn't look very old either. Her first Marathon, that amazes me.

"The drops of rain make a hole in the stone, not by violence, but by oft falling." - Lucretius