Resting Heart Rate (Read 1605 times)

Scout7

Hey Ker,

Next time, just start off with something about plants or food.

. preesh.

I'm interested in why you spelled 'prec this way. Were you just trying to be breezy, or is this some kind of covert personal attack?

Scout7

I'm interested in why you spelled 'prec this way. Were you just trying to be breezy, or is this some kind of covert personal attack?

Why would you be interested in that, Tonia?

No particular reason, Scut.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

old news

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9397299

"Elevated values of serum markers for AMI, including first-generation assays for both troponin subunits should be interpreted with caution in trained runners."

I had to read that abstract a couple of times, but I think it's saying that a runner's heart may be sore, a heart attack victim's heart may be sore, be careful not to confuse the two.

Interesting.

Scout7

No particular reason, Scut.

Scut Farkus! What a rotten name! We were trapped. There he stood, between us and the alley. Scut Farkus staring out at us with his yellow eyes. He had yellow eyes! So, help me, God! Yellow eyes!

You'll ruin your knees!

Scut Farkus! What a rotten name! We were trapped. There he stood, between us and the alley. Scut Farkus staring out at us with his yellow eyes. He had yellow eyes! So, help me, God! Yellow eyes!

OK, but what was his resting heart rate? 

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

OK, but what was his resting heart rate? 

Why would you be interested in that?

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

interesting =/= important

he did start with interesting. 

No.

he started with: better

"Why is a lower resting heart rate better than a higher resting heart rate?"

You'll ruin your knees!

Why would you be interested in that?

If it gets too high, he could shoot his eye out, of course!

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Simply because of this:

It is not better.  It is maybe an indicator of something better, but is not better per se.

And so upon explaining that to you, you decided instead that it was, well, interesting to you.

Whether it is interesting is entirely a personal experience, and so it is unclear why you would share that interest with the rest of the world.  So I asked.

Trent,

I respect you and was hoping (when I originally sent the post), that you would respond (not fully knowing your thoughts regarding HR).

This is the answer I was hoping to receive, and you did provide it.  Thank you. "It is not better.  It is maybe an indicator of something better, but is not better per se."  I can work with that answer.

I'm not in medicine.  I know nothing.  I was curious.

Have a great day!

Brian

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

No.

he started with: better

"Why is a lower resting heart rate better than a higher resting heart rate?"

Your definition of start is different.

My OP was what you wrote above.
                          But, my use of interesting was where Doug mentioned and alluded to (total # of heart beats in a day for an athlete is less than total number of heart beats in a day for a non-athlete, even on days when they train.)

Your question regarding "why it's interesting, per se" was related to my use of interesting as it relates to Doug's post.

Cheers,
                          Brian

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Nothing improves a discussion like raising it to a meta-discussion.

Well, ok, except for having little stick figures running in and out of boxes all over the page.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

which word of original in original post does not mean start?

Scout7

Why do I feel like I'm on a boat with a Spaniard, a giant, and a whiny-sounding bald guy?

Inconceivable!

You keep using that word, but I do not think it means what you think it means.