Resting Heart Rate (Read 1605 times)

Scout7

And to my follow-up point:

<tt><tt>Disclaimer: 1) a renunciation of any claim to or connection with; 2) disavowal; 3) a statement made to save one's own ass.</tt></tt>

<tt>Though it'll go without saying ten minutes or so into these proceedings, View Askew would like to state that this film is - from start to finish - a work of comedic fantasy, not to be taken seriously. To insist that any of what follows is incendiary or inflammatory is to miss our intention and pass undue judgment; and passing judgment is reserved for God and God alone (this goes for you film critics too...just kidding).
    So please - before you think about hurting someone over this trifle of a film, remember: even God has a sense of humor. Just look at the Platypus.
    Thank you and enjoy the show.
    P.S. We sincerely apologize to all Platypus enthusiasts out there who are offended by that thoughtless comment about the Platypi. We at View Askew respect the noble Platypus, and it is not our intention to slight these stupid creatures in any way.
    Thank you again and enjoy the show.</tt>

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I particularly like the tts.

A Saucy Wench

My eyes are getting really dry now.  I need to blink more

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Scout7

I've always been a big fan.  Pretty much since birth.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

My eyes are getting really dry now.  I need to blink more

Careful. You have a finite number of blinks. Don't use them up too fast. Remember the elephant.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

When you use up your blinks, do your eyes get stuck open or shut?  I'm kind of old, so if you could answer this one while I can still see it, that'd be great.

FWIW, my resting HR at my physical in January was 30bpm.  Any number of folks in this thread could dust me in a 5k.  HR is an even worse indicator of race performance than VO2Max.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

FWIW, my resting HR at my physical in January was 30bpm.  Any number of folks in this thread could dust me in a 5k.  HR is an even worse indicator of race performance than VO2Max.

Wow. Your heart is barely working at all. It's a wonder you can move.

When you use up your blinks, do your eyes get stuck open or shut?  I'm kind of old, so if you could answer this one while I can still see it, that'd be great.

You should multiply your HR by your VO2Max. Then it would be a better number. It may even be predictive.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

If higher VO2Max is better and lower HR is better ... then clearly, [VO2Max]/[resting HR] = über-predictive.

Wait.  Is that interesting?

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

If higher VO2Max is better and lower HR is better ... then clearly, [VO2Max]/[resting HR] = über-predictive.

Wait.  Is that interesting?

Very Interesting.

Anone with a value under 1.0, I think is a jogger, mine I think are 40/47 clearly - a jogger.

Anyone with a value under 1.0, I think is a jogger, mine I think are 40/47 clearly - a jogger.

2.03 in college, 1.63 now -- what did I win?  (I hope it's a platypus.)

-- Dick LeBeau

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

2.03 in college, 1.63 now -- what did I win?  (I hope it's a platypus.)

When you focus on winning like that, you risk overtraining. You should just enjoy the race.

Who said I said it?

I never said it.

Are you accusing me of saying something I never said?

Interesting

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

Interesting

who said it was important?

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

who said it was important?

You trying to start a fight?