Random RA ads (Read 1867 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I know there have been past threads about amusing RA ads (too many pages to sift through to find any specific threads).  Tonite I saw an ad for World of Warcraft (I'm totally NOT a gamer) and this:

I can't figure out if it's targeting men or women...and I'm not clicking to find out.  But it's funny, when I rolled-over the ad the chick winked at me.  So I think I'm probably not the intended market. Tongue

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Hmph - no adds for me offering great sex.  This either says something about my browsing history or yours ... or possibly both Smile

Dave

I can't figure out if it's targeting men or women...and I'm not clicking to find out.  But it's funny, when I rolled-over the ad the chick winked at me.  So I think I'm probably not the intended market. Tongue

Or maybe you ARE!

I got an ad for Philipino singles.  I'm not Philipino so I have no idea why they would've shown me that.  

OK, I'm not single either.  More evidence.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Heh.

I just got an ad for Zappos.

Chris UK

I know there have been past threads about amusing RA ads (too many pages to sift through to find any specific threads).  Tonite I saw an ad for World of Warcraft (I'm totally NOT a gamer) and this:

I'm interested in the increased blood flow and enhanced stamina - is it any good for running??

Or should I just stick wth getting my blood changed every now and again. Wink

3000 miles

Sub 19:00 for 5K  05-03-13 Clee Prom 5K - 19:00:66 that was bloody close!

Sub-40:00 for 10K 17-03-13 Gainsborough 10K - 39:43

Sub 88:00 for HM

Tramps

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Be safe. Be kind.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Heh, I was waiting for that response. Tongue

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Heh.

I just got an ad for Zappos.

*snort* I do find it amusing when I get ads for places I have recently shopped.  I'm not sure why that would be effective.  I mean, I already know about that particular retailer, so why would Google want to trigger those ads?

~ Sarah Kay

I get a lot of ads from websites I've looked at. I like how ebags ads show the exact same bags i was just looking at. So I guess my ads are not random.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

My ads seem to be highly targeted or not targeted at all.  I get ads for really off-the-wall things that I have 0 interest in, frequently.

~ Sarah Kay

Have you seen the one with replica bicycles?  I would really like to see that girl do a brick workout in that outfit!!  She looks very excited to get started!

2014 Goals: (Yeah I suck)

• Sub 22  5K
                        • Sub 1:35 1/2 marathon 
                        • Sub 3:25:00 Marathon
                        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Have you seen the one with replica bicycles?  I would really like to see that girl do a brick workout in that outfit!!  She looks very excited to get started!

Nope...right now I'm getting lots of La Quinta ads, though. Tongue

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Now I have an ad for ATVs...I LOATHE ATVs.  Loud, smelly, gas-guzzling, destructive, dangerous.  Yeah, targeted ads, my ass.

~ Sarah Kay

MrH

I mean, I already know about that particular retailer, so why would Google want to trigger those ads?

It's called retargetting or fetchback.

Retailers are trying to nudge you into returning and buying from them sooner rather than later. There's a cookie on your machine from the first visit.

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

It's called retargetting or fetchback.

Retailers are trying to nudge you into returning and buying from them sooner rather than later. There's a cookie on your machine from the first visit.

Sure...but wouldn't it make sense to put up an ad for a similar retailer that I may not be aware of?  I find that I click those out of curiosity.  I have no curiosity about Sierra Trading Post or Backcountry.com, since those are often the first places I check when I'm looking for new wool socks or baselayer items or a Winter coat or whatnot.  I rarely click an ad for a retailer that I regularly patronize, already. 

~ Sarah Kay