Random RA ads (Read 1867 times)

xor

Yeah, targeted ads seem to be very very good at showing me ads for products (or similar products) THAT I JUST BOUGHT.

That's nice.

Dammit, I didn't mean to page fault.  Fooey.

Version two: Dammit, I didn't mean to Bob Seger the thread.

bhearn

Page fault. Heh.

You see ads?? Cheapskate.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yeah.  FWIW, a lot of the ads are targeted by browse history and, apparently, stuff you've looked at on certain sites.

Which is why I get a lot of shoe ads after visiting runningwarehouse and certain fitness-y things after checking stuff on the clymb.

So.

Ummm.

This seems to be the case less than half the time, though (including the A&E ads.  I should really be seeing 29er mountain bikes and sports bras if Google is directing its ads at things I've recently been researching)...now I have ads for online nursing degrees and business software and some Dragon shoes that I've never before seen (and think are pretty freakin' fugly).

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I leave 'em up...sometimes I see stuff intriguing enough to click, just for added $ to Eric.  I should click on those Dragon shoes.  I wonder what kind of highway robbery is involved in those funked-up kicks.

~ Sarah Kay

xor

Now I am getting ads for Christian Mingle and Purex. Embarrassed

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I was getting Christian Mingle (or something on that order) for a while.  That was sorta weird, since I'm quite happily married to an Atheist. Tongue

~ Sarah Kay

A Saucy Wench

That brings to mind a whole lot of jokes that might be best left un posted.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

A Saucy Wench

Page fault. Heh.

I elect to see the ads I pay not to see on this computer.  I think.  I should see if I am still up to date.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

xor

I manage the calendars for the marathon maniacs (in which I will list marathons and ultras) as well as the half fanatics (in which I will list half marathons and tweener stuff between 13.1 and 26.1).

A little while ago, I received a bunch of requests for the half fanatic calendar from a very motivated member who wants to do a lot of those water buffalo extreeme spartan beast Wipe Out events.  One problem, they are all shorter than a half marathon.  I know this because I went to each and every event site and searched.  Which was not easy... turns out that these events are wholly unconcerned with distance and they don't all promote how long they are.  It's all about extreeme water buffalo obstacle stuff.  Heck, the Spartan Beast events just say "the course is between 10 and 12 miles". Fine, whatever, I don't care.  So I didn't list them.

Now guess what all my ads are.

bhearn

But you know you want to be an extreeme runner, right?

xor

No sir.

I wish to be extreeeme.

BTW, the tagline of the Spartan Beast is...

"You'll know at the finish line".

WTF?

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'm seeing Norton software ads all over...and now I'm paranoid!

Also that "1 odd tip for a flat stomach: Burn off some of your stomach fat each day by following this 1 weird tip."

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Now Lawyers.com...uh oh! Shocked

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Bras.  Buy two, get two free.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Zaggora Hotpants - "LOSE WEIGHT 4X FASTER WITH ZAGGORA"

I'm tempted.

My leg won't stop mooing.

i think i've got a calf injury.