Celebrity Marathon Times (Read 2578 times)

Rundadrun27

According to McMillan, I would likely finish somewhere between Al Gore and Katie Holmes. 2:46 - Lance Armstrong (does he count? He's a "real" athlete! ) Wink 3:04 - Dana Carvey 3:44 - George W. Bush Shocked 3:46 - Gordon Ramsey 3:56 - Will Ferrel 4:14 - Sean (Diddy) Combs 4:29 - Oprah 4:58 - Al Gore 5:29 - Katie Holmes 6:04 - David Lee Roth
    Teresadfp

One day at a time

Gore did that in 1997. What happened, did he stop running at some point? He doesn't look as if he runs now. Good motivation for me to keep slogging.

Hey, nice marmot!

"Famous" finishers of the Marine Corps marathon http://www.marinemarathon.com/mcm_community/History/Famous_Finishers.htm

Ben

"The world is my country, science is my religion."-- Christiaan Huygens

Lance Arnstrong's time definately counts....all marathon times count......... He's not a runner (by trade) he's a biker.....lot different......it definately counts.... Shocked Wink

Champions are made when no one is watching

Dana Carvey 3:04? Hello?

Rundadrun27

Lance Arnstrong's time definately counts....all marathon times count......... He's not a runner (by trade) he's a biker.....lot different......it definately counts.... Shocked Wink
              What I meant by that is that he's an athelete, unlike the others on the list. Of course he's going to have a faster time than everyone else on the list.

Insert witty title here

Am I the only one who has a hard time believing that Will Ferrell really ran it in under 4? Don't get me wrong I'm a huge fan of his, but as he unashamedly shows in most of his movies, he does not have anything even close to an athletic body. If he did then that 1 line in Blades of Glory wouldn't have been so funny Big grin

ThomasRuns Blog
                Twitter

"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do." - [Walter Bagehot]

Why is it sideways?

Am I the only one who has a hard time believing that Will Ferrell really ran it in under 4? Don't get me wrong I'm a huge fan of his, but as he unashamedly shows in most of his movies, he does not have anything even close to an athletic body. If he did then that 1 line in Blades of Glory wouldn't have been so funny Big grin
                  Click.

Think Whirled Peas

I'm w/Tanya on this one. D. Carvey @ 3:04...shee-it!

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

xor

I see all kinds of body shapes coming in at 4 hours. USA Today's report of Ferrell's Boston Marathon. He was down about 25 pounds for that race. BTW, Dana Carvey's 3:04 happened way back when he was 17... pre-celeb. A little harder to substantiate, but based on this thread's doppleganger over at letsrun, happened back in 1972.

Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Been looking for Bobby Flay's time. He's right around the four hour mark. MTA: Last attempt was just behind Oprah. Oprah and Combs are both going down in May.
                        xor

BTW, here some other ones I'm cut-n-pasting from letsrun... 3:15:18 - Ed Viesturs, (Alpinist) New York Marathon 2006 3:20:06 - Natalie Morales, (Reporter) New York City Marathon 2006 (The Today Show) 3:24:29 - William Baldwin, (Actor) New York City Marathon 1992 3:31:00 - Michael Dukakis, (Governor MA) Boston Marathon 1951 3:35:00 - Joan Van Ark, (Actress) Santa Ana/Orange Marathon 1979 3:48:48 - Pat Tillman, (NFL Player) Avenue of the Giants Marathon 2000 3:50:45 - Roger Craig, (NFL Player) RnR Arizona 2005 3:52:00 - Kim Alexis, (Supermodel) New York City Marathon 1992 3:59:23 - Michael Waltrip, (2x Daytona 500 Champ) Las Vegas Marathon January 2005 4:08:30 - Meredith Baxter, (Actress) New York City Marathon 1982 4:18:34 - Kyle Petty, (NASCAR Driver) Las Vegas Marathon January 2005 4:26:21 - Lynn Swann, (NFL Player) New York City 1993 4:31:31 - Bill Rancic, (Winner “The Apprentice”) Chicago Marathon 2001 4:34:18 - Lisa Ling, (Talk Show Host) Boston Marathon 2002 4:39:04 - Mike Huckabee, (Governor AR) Little Rock Marathon 2005 5:41:41 - Mario Lopez, (Actor) Boston Marathon 2002 5:50:49 - Freddie Prinze, Jr., (Actor) Los Angeles Marathon 2006

Insert witty title here

USA Today's report of Ferrell's Boston Marathon. He was down about 25 pounds for that race.
                            Yeah that's the same article I found.. actually very impressive. My only question is what did he do to qualify for Boston? Nothing in that article mentioned it so either he ran something else much faster, was given an exception or told them he was 70 years old Smile

ThomasRuns Blog
                            Twitter

"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do." - [Walter Bagehot]

what did Mario Lopez do to get in Boston? at least Ferrel came in with a respectable time.

A Saucy Wench

Yeah that's the same article I found.. actually very impressive. My only question is what did he do to qualify for Boston? Nothing in that article mentioned it so either he ran something else much faster, was given an exception or told them he was 70 years old Smile
                                Celebrities dont have to qualify. Not even sure they have to do charity fundraising but I hope so. Doesnt surprise me that he can go near 4 hours.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7